Miami Port / Fort Lauderdale Airport - Departure Time

I am sure this has been answered a thousand times but I have never sailed out of Miami and flew home from Fort Lauderdale.

What is the earliest departure time recommended by Royal Caribbean when arriving into the port of Miami and flying home through FLL airport?

I will likely either have my own vehicle or use a shuttle service.

I don't know what the earliest time RCCL would say...but its about a 40 min trek....give or take....so depends on what time you get off the ship....I would never book a flight home before 11am...

I have done this many times...but usually opt for an after lunch flight...but I have done as early as 10:45.....was a bit stressful

Just now, monctonguy said:

I don't know what the earliest time RCCL would say...but its about a 40 min trek....give or take....so depends on what time you get off the ship....I would never book a flight home before 11am...

I have done this many times...but usually opt for an after lunch flight...but I have done as early as 10:45.....was a bit stressful

Thanks for the reply.  So you feel I should be safe with a 1PM flight out of FLL?

45 minutes ago, DisneyWorld30th said:

Thanks for the reply.  So you feel I should be safe with a 1PM flight out of FLL?

I'm with @monctonguy 1pm will not be a problem. I did it the other way around, cruise through FLL and flew out of Miami, had a 11:30ish flight, got off the boat by 9, 45 minute drive and was through airport security by 10:30ish.

2 hours ago, Brobbins246 said:

I've heard it helps a lot if you're flying home on a weekend as well - much less traffic between FLL and Miami on the weekends.

For sure. During the week days you should use the express lanes from Miami to FLL. Weekends will be no issue at all for a 1:00pm departure out of FLL.