IPhone to iPhone messaging without internet

LTS

I heard a rumor that iPhone to iPhone messaging works on the ship (without the internet package). I’ll be on Symphony of the Seas in just over a week and want to be able to message others on the ship when we aren’t together. Have you known this to be true on Symphony?! (I hope so because I really don’t want to pay for internet for two people!!)

What I remember reading is that yes it should work, and may work with no issues, but it is not something I would depend on. Royal could at anytime block the usage.

Symphony is one of the ships using the new Royal APP and "Beta" messaging is included in the APP, the only issue I have heard is that the APP does not notify you when you get a message, you have to know/remember to check the APP.

You can purchase the "Key" and VOOM is included with all of the other perks.

47 minutes ago, LTS said:

I heard a rumor that iPhone to iPhone messaging works on the ship (without the internet package). I’ll be on Symphony of the Seas in just over a week and want to be able to message others on the ship when we aren’t together. Have you known this to be true on Symphony?! (I hope so because I really don’t want to pay for internet for two people!!)

You should know that it's a loophole, and not a feature. That means it may or may not work and RC could close that loophole at any point.

43 minutes ago, Matt said:

You should know that it's a loophole, and not a feature. That means it may or may not work and RC could close that loophole at any point.

Well hopefully this will still work if the App doesn't on Allure

2 hours ago, tiny260 said:

What I remember reading is that yes it should work, and may work with no issues, but it is not something I would depend on. Royal could at anytime block the usage.

Symphony is one of the ships using the new Royal APP and "Beta" messaging is included in the APP, the only issue I have heard is that the APP does not notify you when you get a message, you have to know/remember to check the APP.

You can purchase the "Key" and VOOM is included with all of the other perks.

Good to know that there is messaging on the app on Symphony!!

On Symphony you will need to purchase Voom to use messaging on any phone, iPhone or other. 

The loophole currently works on Harmony and Quantum class ships that feature RoyalIQ and that loophole is going away at some point.  On those ships enjoy it while you can.  On Symphony buy a multi-device plan if its important to have device to device messaging.