Watches and Jewelry

Yeah, you have to be really careful.  They use the ol' trick of marking them wayyy up to be able to offer a 70% discount.  on my first cruise, I purchased a watch for $175 (marked down from $750).  Upon returning home, I found the same watch online for $125.  

I didn't feel too horrible about it because I had quite a bit of OBC to burn, so that did the trick.

I'd say if you're looking to bargain shop, you won't find much of a deal onboard.  And if you have an internet package, definitely use it to price check.

At one time they would have a $10 watch sale on a sea day before the end of the cruise.  That was a good deal for a cheap watch.  We would always buy one.  It was less expensive that changing the batteries on the last one.   Haven't seen one of those sales lately.  That being said, if you have OBC you need to spend.....

36 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

Does anyone really buy any of these?

I'm certain people buy jewelry all the time. How much of a deal it is probably varies considerably. I agree with @firebuck that you may not find bargain basement prices, but as is often the case when we go jewelry shopping, it's more about finding something nice at a reasonable price.

• 1 year later...

I agree with @firebuck.  I just left Oasis this morning, with an Invicta watch that was priced at 900$; I purchased it for 180$.  I thought this was such a great deal...  Then once arrived at my hotel room, I checked the model number (written at the back of the watch), and found out it was a discontinued model that can be found at around 110$ online.  What the heck Royal Caribbean, how dare you?

i don’t feel too bad about it as the watch looks great, but still.  Everything was perfect with our cruise, but didn’t thought RC would rip off people like this.  Very dishonest from such a high end company.

I had decent luck - the watch I bought ended up within ~$10 of what I could find online, but was not discontinued. It was also one of the watches that was on sale in the actual watch store rather than the promenade if that makes any difference. I'd assume most of those watches in the promenade sales are just bulk clearance ("warehouse" deals)

12 hours ago, Elchapo492 said:

I agree with @firebuck.  I just left Oasis this morning, with an Invicta watch that was priced at 900$; I purchased it for 180$.  I thought this was such a great deal...  Then once arrived at my hotel room, I checked the model number (written at the back of the watch), and found out it was a discontinued model that can be found at around 110$ online.  What the heck Royal Caribbean, how dare you?

i don’t feel too bad about it as the watch looks great, but still.  Everything was perfect with our cruise, but didn’t thought RC would rip off people like this.  Very dishonest from such a high end company.

RC wasn't dishonest and didn't rip you off because you didn't buy a watch from them.  Check your receipt, you purchased your watch from a company that happens to sells watches from a store located on a RC ship.  The salespeople work for that company not RC.