6 Stages of Onboard Eating !!! ?????

I just told my wife last night that my #1 goal on our cruise coming up is not to eat myself into a food coma. I have never successfully gone on a cruise and not been miserable at some point from eating too much. Ordering multiple entrees/appetizers combined with sugary drinks is a terrible combination for me, but also way too delicious to pass up. The pain is real but the food is real good. But this cruise is the cruise that I'm going to control myself. Hopefully. Wish me luck...

Side Note: We purchased a 5 night dining package since this is our first Oasis class cruise. I'm screwed.

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, irishgirl0525 said:

The only thing I'm going to do is POSSIBLY jog around the track if I'm up early enough in the mornings.  Other than that, I'm going to eat what I want and enjoy. Presumably not to the point of exploding ?

Oh sure --- I'll try that, while holding a plate of bacon and my coffee

bacon.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 3:08 PM, cruiselife said:

I just told my wife last night that my #1 goal on our cruise coming up is not to eat myself into a food coma. I have never successfully gone on a cruise and not been miserable at some point from eating too much. Ordering multiple entrees/appetizers combined with sugary drinks is a terrible combination for me, but also way too delicious to pass up. The pain is real but the food is real good. But this cruise is the cruise that I'm going to control myself. Hopefully. Wish me luck...

Side Note: We purchased a 5 night dining package since this is our first Oasis class cruise. I'm screwed.

giphy.gif

Well, at least you are aware! ???? 

11 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I first read this as "go full on Kobayashi Maru on the ship", and was trying to figure out what kind of no-win scenario could be contrived from the various dining options. ?

Hah!  I'm no Cap'n Kirk.   l it will essentially be a no-win situation for me any way i look at it.

Oh see I'm the exact opposite.  Day 1 I'm like Oliver singing the virtues of so much food.   Day 2 "hmm maybe I dont need that extra serving of bacon"   Day 3.   "Crap, formal dress getting a bit snug, instead of pina coladas I'll drink martinis"   Day 4  "Pants getting snug.  Ok maybe I'll take a stroll around the Promanade Deck"   Day 5 "Stretch pants getting tight, TO THE GYM!"  Day 6 "They're going to have to roll me down the ramp to get off of the ship"  Day 7  "eff it!  Where's the bacon colada!"

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2019 at 3:08 PM, cruiselife said:

I just told my wife last night that my #1 goal on our cruise coming up is not to eat myself into a food coma.But this cruise is the cruise that I'm going to control myself. Hopefully. Wish me luck...

giphy.gif

i LITERALLY LOL'D...at my desk as the church secretary at a VERY traditional Presbyterian church ! LOL...might have snorted.