B2B Sailings

Razorrayy

If you have a B2B booked its obviously best to have the same room for both sailings, however if you don't how does that work? Do they make you remove your suite case from ship through customs and then back on to the ship or does Royal have a place to keep your luggage until your new room is ready on the next sailing?

I have a chance to bid on a very nice room upgrade for my second sailing but can't match a room for my first sailing, I am not sure the room upgrade is worth packing all our belongings up and  moving them to the upgraded stateroom.

Our rooms are Promenade view interior, the upgrade would be a Jr Suite.

Thanks everyone in advance

A few years ago we had B2B on Radiance and did not book the cruises together so we had a different room on the second sailing.  We had to pack our bathroom items and whatever clothes were not hanging up.  The cabin attendant moved everything for us including the hanging clothing between the time we had to leave the ship for Customs to do their thing and when we got back on the ship.

Just now, islandgrandma said:

A few years ago we had B2B on Radiance and did not book the cruises together so we had a different room on the second sailing.  We had to pack our bathroom items and whatever clothes were not hanging up.  The cabin attendant moved everything for us including the hanging clothing between the time we had to leave the ship for Customs to do their thing and when we got back on the ship.

Thanks, this makes me feel better about bidding for my upgrade

8 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

we are thrilled to be going our first B2B !  Can’t wait !

The absolute best part of a B2B is the last night. You'll see what I mean when you see all the luggage in the hall.....but not yours! Oh, and gloating (openly or between yourselves) is permitted. :3_grin:

1 hour ago, rjac said:

Oh, and gloating (openly or between yourselves) is permitted. :3_grin:

Got to experience said gloating first-hand (though understand and more like a humble-brag) on our Anthem sailing last October, right while we were getting our last breakfast in Cafe Two70. Cathy and I were beyond jealous that they were getting to keep sailing for another 9 nights and going up to Canada and New England for a foliage sailing!

We have done several B2Bs and it is nice having the same room but if you don't, it is very easy to move. Last January on Jewel, they knew we were moving to another room and got that room ready for us early so we were in that room by 11am(ish) and unpacking our stuff. They moved our luggage and our hanging items. We were able to upgrade for free last year from a balcony to a Junior Suite due to a large price drop so we took the upgrade since we'd never been in a Junior before. B2Bs are the best and I'd move from one cabin to the complete opposite end of the ship if it meant I got to stay on another week! Enjoy!

On 1/6/2019 at 11:16 AM, JLMoran said:

Do keep in mind that if you win the JS upgrade bid, per the terms and conditions you won’t get double points. Sounds like you’re on a Voyager or Freedom class, so it will still be a nice bump in space and location.

Thanks, I didn't realize that you don't get double points so this something that might stop me from bidding on suites.