How well does the app work on the ship

I’m wondering how well the royal app is working on the ship in terms of messaging and the cruise planner.  Right now I’m not pleased....it has our my time dining in and that is it.  None of the specialty dining we have booked or the beach loungers are showing up and the ship times of arrival are significantly wrong as is the departure time from Miami.  I’m going with the computer planner times but wondering why the app is so mixed up.  Jane

I was on the Oasis over the Holidays and the app had so many issues. I also was not the only one. The I.T. Manager just kept giving the same answer over and over again, "We are still working out the kinks." I asked was this the alpha, beta or release version and he said he didn't know what that means. Ok I.T. Manager. My 4 year old niece knows what I'm referring to. Needless to say, I looked at him and responded, "Thank you anyway, but I'm not going to have a battle of wits with someone who is truly unarmed." and I walked away and had a double Mimosa!! ??

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The app was pretty useless on Indy too last week.  The activities on the app did not match the cruise compass.  You could not modify your reservations through the app.  The only thing I really used it for was to check my account (folio).

Arghhhh...   Did you try the messaging at all?  Really was hoping it would help with our teen.  Jane

48 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

Arghhhh...   Did you try the messaging at all?  Really was hoping it would help with our teen.  Jane

There was no one to message lol...Hubby doesn't download the app, he's the opposite of Type A, and my kids are both not old enough to download the app for themselves.  You need to be 13 to set up an account.

On 1/5/2019 at 12:40 AM, mom2mybugs said:

I’m wondering how well the royal app is working on the ship in terms of messaging and the cruise planner.

As of today, there is no messaging option available. It's being tested on Allure, but otherwise non-existent. It will debut later this year, so remains to be seen.

Having played with the app on Symphony, I can totally see the real potential of the app when you have a lot of functionality behind it.  Certainly makes the paper compass far less important.  If nothing else, embarkation day is super simple with the app.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

As of today, there is no messaging option available. It's being tested on Allure, but otherwise non-existent. It will debut later this year, so remains to be seen.

Having played with the app on Symphony, I can totally see the real potential of the app when you have a lot of functionality behind it.  Certainly makes the paper compass far less important.  If nothing else, embarkation day is super simple with the app.

So does the App work on Allure as I'm sailing 1/27? I downloaded it & was hoping to be able to message others in my party using it.

1 hour ago, BTE said:

So does the App work on Allure as I'm sailing 1/27? I downloaded it & was hoping to be able to message others in my party using it.

Posted this on another topic earlier, I'm on Allure next week and will plan on trying to test it and report back.

The only negative I have heard is that the messaging does not notify you when it comes in, you have to know and remember to check it often.

@mom2mybugs , nothing is showing up for me either, I'm hoping that when we get on and connected to the Royal WiFi that things will start populating.

4 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Posted this on another topic earlier, I'm on Allure next week and will plan on trying to test it and report back.

The only negative I have heard is that the messaging does not notify you when it comes in, you have to know and remember to check it often.

@mom2mybugs , nothing is showing up for me either, I'm hoping that when we get on and connected to the Royal WiFi that things will start populating.

I can't wait to see what you find, because Id love to be able to text.  Even if there is no notification, just checking every 30 mins is better than what we usually have because we don't get the voom.  My teenager (and prob me lol) need to disconnect!

I'm glad things are not showing up for you...I know everything is set but only a couple things show up, I start to worry!  Jane