Hair straightener and curling irons?

nikibron

Same here.  I've been bringing my curling iron and blow dryer on every cruise and have never had a problem.  My reason for bringing my own blow dryer is in case the cabin's  hair dryer dies.  I might never make it to dinner if I have to wait for a replacement.  I don't leave anything to chance.

@nikibron that is strange.  I took a look at the cruise compass and you are right.  However, here is the official language from Royal's website.  It says that curling irons and hair straighteners are the only exceptions to the rule, so they should be allowed.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Nay said:

Will be on FREEDOM end of Feb. debating on bringing my own blow dryer, space & weight delima. Do all cabins have blow dryers?

By all means, bring your own hair dryer.  The ones on the ships require you to hold down a button the entire time you are using it and it is a true PITA not to mention the fact that the flow is very weak.  If you have long or very thick hair (neither of which I possess...but STILL bring my own hair dryer), it is a MUST.

11 hours ago, Nay said:

Will be on FREEDOM end of Feb. debating on bringing my own blow dryer, space & weight delima. Do all cabins have blow dryers?

Bring your own , the one in the cabin also tend to shut itself if you are use it for more than few minutes and then you need to let it cool down , happen to us more than one time.

• 2 years later...

What company are you talking about? We are planning September to go on a cruise. And I'm planning already the list with the things I have to take. So, on the list is the cordless hairdryer, my best one. I recently purchased a Dyson. I read so many reviews about it on https://hairdryerfair.com/. I bought it because when traveling it is a must. I had the situation when those provided by the hotels, are not working. But I have long hair, and thick. It needs to be dried when you hurry to go to the restaurant with your hubby.

7 hours ago, Pooch said:

The joy of my short fine hair!  Don’t even own a hair appliance, not even a hair dryer! Takes 10 minutes to air dry, a quick finger fluff & a couple shots of non-aerosol hairspray!

Sigh... I'm a little envious!! : ).  It's quite an effort to tame my mane.  

plus one for the travel hair dryer.  I love this one https://www.amazon.com/Babylisspro-Tourmaline-Titanium-Travel-Dryer/dp/B003QKL5YQ/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3KEJGRC15O81Y&dchild=1&keywords=babybliss+travel+dryer&qid=1626726451&sprefix=babybliss+travel+%2Caps%2C215&sr=8-2

light weight in your luggage but powerful and anti-frizz.  Also dual voltage which is nice for other travel.  

On 1/4/2019 at 6:37 PM, nikibron said:

Just read in a cruise compass you can’t bring a hair straightener? Really??? That's crazy. Can someone confirm? Why don't they give you a list of stuff like this.....

I always bring hair  straightener and never have problem.

• 1 month later...