The Key worth it?

Kyle

I see that RC is offering "the key" through the cruise planner and was wondering if anyone on here has bought it. Any thoughts on the value that it provides? Right now it's on sale for $20 per day and was thinking it might be worth it for our Ovation Alaska cruise this summer.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

If you were already going to get Voom anyway, and if you will take advantage of included activities, I think it makes a lot of sense.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I don't really like crowds and waiting in line so I think it would be worth it for us. I have also never cruised on RC before and I've heard the Ovation is a really big ship that can get crowded.

Hey Kyle! (Great name btw)

I have purchased the Key for my upcoming cruise in April.  Its a 5 night and first cruise in over 10 years (first solo so not Diamond or anything that gets perks).  We ended up deciding it was worth it at $20/day ($100) just from the math.  Voom surf and stream for 1 device is $18/day right now I believe which is $90 already. I was not completely sold on Voom because I kind of want to be disconnected from everything for the week, but seeing how half our group is on another deck it would make it easier to reach people, plus always good to have service just in case you want or need it.  The Chops Grille Lunch is included on embarkation day which goes for $22. I've always wanted to try it, plus no fighting the crowds at WJ.  Just with those two it is $112, so already worth getting it.  For me all the extra perks of priority on/off ship, reserved show seats, etc is all just a big bonus at a very reasonable price to enhance my cruise.  My 3 friends I'm going with, it is their 1st cruise so I want things to be a great as it can be.

If you are not going to use the flowrider/shows or didn't want Voom, obviously the value isn't there.  Or some have stated that price outweighs value over longer cruises like 9 day+ which makes sense too. But for me, as a non suite, non-perk C&A level, $100 for all the extras to enhance the experience was a no brainer.

Hope you have a great time!