Budget Car Rental near Port of Miami

TheresaS

1 hour ago, TheresaS said:

I was planning to drop my rental car off at the Budget location near the Port of Miami but now I am reading terrible reviews.  Has anyone used this location? Thoughts?

We dropped off at the Budget location on 89 SE 2nd Street, Miami, FL in August.  We have used this location twice.  Check-out was quick and shuttle was provided to POM.  Miami traffic is horrible so plan to leave a bit early.

I recently dropped a car in Miami that I drove from Orlando.  I found the rates when returning to downtown Miami considerably higher than returning to MIA.  I know that Alamo/National used to run a shuttle from the MIA drop off to the port but I would probably just grab a Lyft or Uber and save the hassle. There are no rental car facilities located at the port itself.

I dropped a car off before a cruise at the Budget location at  89 SE 2nd St, Miami, FL 33131 back in November.

There was a long line for people picking up cars, but my return was really easy.  Despite the line, someone noticed I was returning, so he got me out of line and back to the car in the lot. Checked it out and I was even able to hop on an empty shuttle to go back to the port.

12 hours ago, Gabe said:

Which rental car agencies provide shuttles to the POM? Are they all located in dt Miami, or are any located at the port itself?

I believe they are all in downtown Miami, and not the port area. 5 minute ride across a bridge or through the tunnel.

On 1/4/2019 at 10:00 AM, TheresaS said:

I was planning to drop my rental car off at the Budget location near the Port of Miami but now I am reading terrible reviews.

Based on my one time there, dropping off was easy.  I did notice there was a long line for pick up, and the people at the port who were waiting for a shuttle ride to the Budget office for pickup were definitely not happy.  But my drop off experience was super simple.

I didn't rent Budget but I picked up my car at MIA...as it seemed like there was a big difference(cheaper) to rent from MIA than downtown....way cheaper even when adding in the cost of a uber/lyft to get to MIA.

It may have been cause it was a one way rental but worth checking just in case. Not to mention...driving down town Miami is not fun..imho.....