Future Cruise repeat question

25 minutes ago, yaya luvs to cruz said:

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a thousand times. Sorry.

We just decided to book a future cruise when we're on board the Anthem next week. We understand the deposit will be lower than normal, but are we able to book a refundable trip or must it be non-refundable? TIA

The deposit may or may not be lower than normal.  Depends on what you are booking.  You can choose either refundable or non-refundable.  Just make sure you tell the rep which you want...don't assume they will ask. 

15 hours ago, KathyC said:

The deposit may or may not be lower than normal.  Depends on what you are booking.  You can choose either refundable or non-refundable.  Just make sure you tell the rep which you want...don't assume they will ask. 

And double check that they booked the option you wanted.

15 hours ago, JLMoran said:

When I was on Freedom last April, reduced deposit was only offered at Next Cruise with a non-refundable deposit. And OBC was also higher with an NRD. YMMV, but I got the feeling that it’s the standard now.

Same experience on Independence. It was only the non-refundable that got the reduced deposit.  We booked refundable and deposit was normal.  We got OBC (which we could keep for price drops) but it was very small (but also booking for 4 day cruise so that might account for the small OBC).