Matt

LIVE - "Back on Brilliance, baby!" Brilliance of the Seas February 14-18, 2019

Just now, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm from Minnesota and it's actually colder here today than where Lovetocruise is (not by much! -10 C pre-windchill) - but, yeah, if it doesn't have the roof ... I thought that Jewel did - maybe I'm misremembering. It's been a very long time 😞

I can't remember either.  I've only sailed Radiance class once, Brilliance back in 2005.  But that was to the Med in July, so cold wasn't an issue.  Maybe @Matt knows?

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

I spotted popcorn for sale at pool bar. $2 per bag. Popcorn for sale onboard has been something I’ve seen here and there over the years.  

On the one hand, it’s inexpensive but on the other hand the fact it costs anything is a bit ridiculous.  I recall on the one NCL cruise I did their pub had popcorn all the time that was complimentary

Think Royal tries to use the Johnny Rockets logic. Other words by charging it prevents waste and associated mess. But I do agree that it is crazy that they charge for it. Just surprised that they don't setup outside the movie theater.

Same area of thought... New dart board in the Pub still in good condition? Other thought, is the exit sign up on the ceiling inline of the dart board broken/cracked?

28 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

don't know...Does the Brilliance Solarium have a retractable roof?  If not, I don't imagine it would be that warm by mid-October.

Their roof is theoretically retractable, but I have yet to ever see it occur in this decade. 

19 minutes ago, rjac said:

Please do tell.....don't keep us in suspense.......:27_sunglasses:

It’s the three steps required for a successful long jump

11 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Think Royal tries to use the Johnny Rockets logic. Other words by charging it prevents waste and associated mess. But I do agree that it is crazy that they charge for it. Just surprised that they don't setup outside the movie theater.

Same area of thought... New dart board in the Pub still in good condition? Other thought, is the exit sign up on the ceiling inline of the dart board broken/cracked?

I agree that it probably does reduce abuse of it. And $2 ain’t terrible. 

New dart board in the pub. It got replaced shortly after we sailed in September. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Their roof is theoretically retractable, but I have yet to ever see it occur in this decade. 

I'm calling fake news!  Last week he declared Vision never opens it's roof yet it was open in January.  This is Serenade's solarium roof open in St. Maarten next to Adventure (in 2018). 

#SolariumRoofOpenDenier

1411165676_SerenadeDay8SolariumOpen-3.jpg.b4088081d104ab8d5470a3e6e7fac4ba.jpg369358466_SerenadeDay8SolariumOpen-2.jpg.f61349e8b63d77f4d7f5371d64abd89b.jpgSerenade Day 8 Solarium Open-1.jpg

14 minutes ago, Gymmomma said:

What does the Thermal Spa Package include?

Welcome to the message boards!

The Thermal Spa Package includes access to spa facility that include a dry sauna, wet steam room, rain shower and heated ceramic beds.  The thermal spas area is down the hall from the locker rooms and shared between men and women.

On Radiance class ships each locker room also contain a free sauna and steam room but since they are in the locker rooms a husband and wife can't use them together.  

49 minutes ago, rjac said:

Hi Matt,

Looks like a great beach! How does it compare to Nachi Cocum? :27_sunglasses:

Nachi is all inclusive, so if you want to go “all in” with food and drink, it’s a solid choice

I think Paradise Beach pool is significantly better than the Nachi pool.