LIVE - "Back on Brilliance, baby!" Brilliance of the Seas February 14-18, 2019

Matt

Once we got onboard we booked our specialty dining. We have the ultimate dining package, and got reservations for everything we wanted at the time we wanted.  There were a few specialty dining waiters waiting right as we boarded, so they took our reservations nice and easy. 

Our first stop was the Solarium Bar to enjoy some embarkation day drinks!

F46E3A5A-7D01-42FE-BF6E-FEAD7931EB0B.jpeg

26D16F25-E152-4D60-9F6C-6C51517E12F4.jpeg

Always book your drink packages before the cruise.  We paid $49 versus the $70 

CA547ADA-E133-4115-89A4-CD3EF46DF83C.jpeg

Just now, Matt said:

Always book your drink packages before the cruise.  We paid $49 versus the $70 

CA547ADA-E133-4115-89A4-CD3EF46DF83C.jpeg

Should have quizzed them.

Is the Diamond Plus discount still offered? If so, how the does the Diamond Plus discount play into the pricing?

Just now, CGTLH said:

Should have quizzed them.

Is the Diamond Plus discount still offered? If so, how the does the Diamond Plus discount play into the pricing?

The bartender isnt totally positive but thinks you would.  In that case it might be a decent deal. 

He said the bogo deal is essentialy $25 off $70 for each person.  Plus D+ discount would potentially be good deal. Already prebooked so cant test it out. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I wanted to leave about an hour before my wife was willing to even consider it. When we arrived and boarding had begun I gave her my “told you so” face

In my experience a man enjoying a "told you so" moment is short lived.  Recommend generous drink package utilization in hopes it purges her memory.  

Just now, twangster said:

Something tells me that fine print at the bottom includes "not combinable with other discounts or promotions".  

Nope, the standard package policy terms. Can't share, everyone of drinking age must buy, get x% off bottles of wine...

Something tells me that fine print at the bottom includes "not combinable with other discounts or promotions".  

I really wish I could test out to see price. The bartender here thought about it and thinks he could do it.  

Just now, Matt said:

I really wish I could test out to see price. The bartender here thought about it and thinks he could do it.  

C&A tells me you can cancel a cruise planner DX once on board and buy it again on board.  That was their advice when sailing with my Gold son so he wouldn't have to pay full on board price but I could get my D+ discount on board.

C&A tells me you can cancel a cruise planner DX once on board and buy it again on board.  That was their advice when sailing with my Gold son so he wouldn't have to pay full on board price but I could get my D+ discount on board.

Interesting. Doubt I will pursue it just because of all the hurdles required at this point. But if you can stack the discount then it would be a money saver. 

Regardless, this is the first time I’ve ever seen this bogo offer onboard. Not sure I’d ever recommend rolling the dice on waiting.  Not to mention ability to pre purchase and break up cruise cost, which I value. 

Fun thing about all this variable pricing. In @Matt case the discount with D+ would have been $49. Same and what he paid online.

If Royal would be upfront and state a standard fleet wide price it would be helpful.

Then this new bogo day one offer really changes the math and adds a new set of variables.

I had heard with Ultimate Dining Package some people had been able to eat at a specialty restaurant for lunch. I figured it was worth the try to see if they would seat us.  Sure enough,  they looked us up and happily seated us for lunch. Keep in mind that if you are cruising soon, you can and should ask politely but be prepared for the answer to be no. The rules clearly state lunch with UDP is for sea days only  

994EB997-741A-4E8E-B346-9293004EA36A.jpeg

This is the first Royal Caribbean cruise ever I have ever been on that I have not eaten embarkation day lunch in the Windjammer. 

8 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

That is a heck of a lot cheaper than what I paid for the two of us on Anthem! Not quite half, but pretty darn close!

Did you grab it for that price?

I offered for my wife but while she likes the concept, she’s always concerned with it being too busy. That and she booked a 90 minute treatment.

Rooms were ready promptly at 1pm. We had heard one announcement that it would be ready at 1:30, but I think that was to keep the masses at bay. Everywhere else the 1pm time was advertised. 

3F54CBAB-391A-439B-9195-002060A0BCAB.jpeg

60D85604-ED05-42D2-A7A4-5411E5263214.jpeg

We are in a standard balcony ocean room. We have stayed in this category before, so nothing Earth shatteringly different for us. 

Note the Valentines Day touch, along with chocolates! 

We also noticed the air conditioning control is a new model. 

E6CA867A-083E-4F2E-916C-C18BADC536D3.jpeg