LIVE - "Back on Brilliance, baby!" Brilliance of the Seas February 14-18, 2019

Matt

14 minutes ago, Gymmomma said:

What does the Thermal Spa Package include?

Welcome to the message boards!

The Thermal Spa Package includes access to spa facility that include a dry sauna, wet steam room, rain shower and heated ceramic beds.  The thermal spas area is down the hall from the locker rooms and shared between men and women.

On Radiance class ships each locker room also contain a free sauna and steam room but since they are in the locker rooms a husband and wife can't use them together.  

49 minutes ago, rjac said:

Hi Matt,

Looks like a great beach! How does it compare to Nachi Cocum? :27_sunglasses:

Nachi is all inclusive, so if you want to go “all in” with food and drink, it’s a solid choice

I think Paradise Beach pool is significantly better than the Nachi pool.

Paradise Beach looks really nice.  I might have to try it out if I am looking to do something that is not all inclusive or for the whole day.  Three of my next four cruises go to Cozumel.  I am trying el cozmelina next time but if I have the drink pacakage onboard I might not invest in an all inclusive.  

Paradise Beach was a fun day. Unfortunately the service was a bit of a let down because when we moved from beach to pool, our waiter was not great at being as available as we would have liked. In retrospect, we should have closed out our bill after leaving the beach and gotten a new waiter at the pool area.  Alas, we still had a fun time. 

My plan was to head downtown after we wrapped up at Paradise Beach, but I felt pretty tired and the thought of a nap sounded really good. So we got back on the ship and I slept off quite a few Dos Equis beers. 

CA88E566-98FA-4A7E-A561-A7800B21FC9A.jpeg

9171E774-ED6F-490B-8C22-2F6E346315D5.jpeg

Dinner tonight is at Giovanni’s Table. Great choices all around. While I think I prefer Jamie’s Italian, this is a solid menu. 

F85C28B0-049C-4A32-B4B3-8D78E73C198E.jpeg

Garlic and olive starter

CA6FF78E-FD30-43A3-97A1-6AA7AD8108C0.jpeg

Antipasta starter

5E4CBA78-EE84-42E9-B4A8-2E38A47CB8D7.jpeg

Buffalo Mozzarella

47BDE8CF-86D7-4BBD-A2E0-5407E1005FF7.jpeg

Eggplant parm

1738809B-8489-4831-8FC3-60B737A4EE4E.jpeg

Beef ragu

4B87481F-1880-4E23-8DDD-78258BFB2A21.jpeg

Tuna crudo appetizer

D08C7631-029B-4513-A5A5-2F8682933E91.jpeg

Pasta of the day in an aioli 

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Dinner tonight is at Giovanni’s Table. Great choices all around. While I think I prefer Jamie’s Italian, this is a solid menu. 

Garlic and olive starter, Antipasta starter, Buffalo Mozzarella, Eggplant parm, Beef ragu, Tuna crudo appetizer, Pasta of the day in an aioli 

I haven't eaten dinner yet and I feel full just looking at your pictures...so.much.food... yum.

47 minutes ago, Michiganlovessun said:

Matt,

We are new to RC, previously sailed NCL only.  Can you tell me if the public you mentioned earlier today, serves food?  Possible to see a photo of the menu?

Paradise Beach, yes they do serve food. Fairly extensive menu.  A copy of the menu is here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/07/25/excursion-focus-paradise-beach-cozumel

Just now, Matt said:

Evening entertainment tonight is The Las Vegas Tenors

Definitely curious to hear your impressions of them. I was... underwhelmed by their performance last October on Anthem. They seem geared toward an older crowd than our age bracket.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Definitely curious to hear your impressions of them. I was... underwhelmed by their performance last October on Anthem. They seem geared toward an older crowd than our age bracket.

I was expecting a snoozefest, but it was really good.  They put on a good performance and I ended up liking the show.