LIVE - "Back on Brilliance, baby!" Brilliance of the Seas February 14-18, 2019

Matt

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I decided to buy Voom onboard and with Diamond Plus discount, I found the price quite low 

Thankfully Voom is one thing that is priced the same across the fleet. Makes the math sooo much easier in deciding pre cruise purchase or not.

Now that I said that watch dynamic pricing rear it's head.

10 hours ago, JLMoran said:

That is a heck of a lot cheaper than what I paid for the two of us on Anthem! Not quite half, but pretty darn close!

Did you grab it for that price?

Did you enjoy the thermal spa?  I know we have talked about it before but I'm not sure exactly what it entails... Guess I should research ( of course, I'm lazy and it's easier to all you guys!) Jane

11 hours ago, cbnsoul said:

Can't belive they haven't found SOME use for the vacated Rita's space

me neither! if that was me which it isnt. I would turn it into hooked, that's my personal opinion. I guess the galley area is still there for it? such a waste of a wonderful space. :(

Also matt could you get pictures of the English pub and cinema please?

TIA :)

7 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Did you enjoy the thermal spa?  I know we have talked about it before but I'm not sure exactly what it entails... Guess I should research ( of course, I'm lazy and it's easier to all you guys!) Jane

Jane, we ended up deciding it was something we won’t repeat on our next Bermuda cruise. Didn’t use it enough to feel like we got good value for the money, and 3 of the 5 days we were told that the steam sauna was broken down and not available to guests.

Hello Matt, thank you so much for sharing. Your blog has been an amazing source of information in my planning process and this review is helping with the cruise anticipation. If you have the opportunity, please let me know the time you passed under the Sunshine bridge. I'm on Brilliance in about 18 days and we are slated for a 4pm departure, I don't want to miss the bridge and I'm concerned our dinner time might conflict with that experience.

15 minutes ago, KLA said:

Just sitting here with my low calorie protein drink desperately wishing I was sitting in the Brilliance MDR next to a window watching the ocean while waiting on my smoked salmon plate.... ?

Im sitting here with my store bought chocolate croissant with the faucet running imagining its the ocean.  23 days till Allure cant come quick enough

10 minutes ago, Jedi Jason said:

I enjoyed the periscope of sailing under the bridge.  It was a beautiful sunset while on board a Royal Caribbean Cruise ship.  What a great experience.  Thanks for sharing.

It was a “surprise sunset” because clouds dominated the sky until the very end.  

29 minutes ago, RachelLevena said:

Hello Matt, thank you so much for sharing. Your blog has been an amazing source of information in my planning process and this review is helping with the cruise anticipation. If you have the opportunity, please let me know the time you passed under the Sunshine bridge. I'm on Brilliance in about 18 days and we are slated for a 4pm departure, I don't want to miss the bridge and I'm concerned our dinner time might conflict with that experience.

We passed under the bridge at roughly 6:15. It takes a little more than 2 hours to get to the bridge.