Restaurant temps

I haven't cruised in almost 9 years, so I can't really remember what temps are like on the ship. Here in Minnesota, restaurants are cold in the winter because it's cold outside, and they are cold in the summer because everyone has the A/C cranked to 60.  Do I plan on wearing long sleeves in the evenings in Feb on a Caribbean cruise? I guess I can just bring a sweater, but they are a pain. I'd rather wear one appropriate layer. 

One difference would be the humidity level.  Year round the Caribbean will have higher humidity compared to MN.  

Beyond that 'scientific' response, everyone is different.  I don't feel they blast the A/C but someone more prone to feeling cold might think they do.  I can't recall ever sweating or feeling like I am wearing too many layers in the MDR so follow your gut.  If you tend to feel it's colder than other people much of the time, you may also feel that way in the MDR or even in the theaters.

I usually find the temp in the MDR and theater to be much too hot - which means my wife if very comfortable.

I usually find the temp in other indoor public areas quite comfortable - which means she is chilled.

Bottom line - it is likely that someone in your party will be comfortable and someone else will not.

42 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Actually, that's a perfect answer. Long sleeves or extra sweater it is!  (It's a woman thing).

My wife always wears short sleeves but takes a light sweater with her. This time of year it will be a little cooler in the evenings so she is planning some form of cover for all evening attire. During June she usually takes a cover/sweater but never needs it. 

I'm with Matt's wife its quiet cool in some places but very warm in others. I'm from Western NY and the evenings were much cooler than I expected in March I'll take a sweater and leggings this time for when I'm that cold. I didn't take a proper dress sweater the last time so plenty of pictures of me with a zip up fleece on with dresses.

2 hours ago, Kim&N8 said:

I'm with Matt's wife its quiet cool in some places but very warm in others. I'm from Western NY and the evenings were much cooler than I expected in March I'll take a sweater and leggings this time for when I'm that cold. I didn't take a proper dress sweater the last time so plenty of pictures of me with a zip up fleece on with dresses.

Right? I actually have to buy something, because polar fleece and gym sweaters are all I own. 

I'm always freezing...go figure, I had to grow up and live in the Midwest!   I agree that the temps tend to fluctuate, and I'm so used to taking a sweater, I grabbed a really light weight one for theater, dinner and some sail aways (especially when you embark).  I have a black one and a white one I take with me...target and lands end both had good ones!  Otherwise, I'm that person wearing the sweatshirt too lol!  Have a great trip!  Jane

17 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

less than 70 is cold.

Anything above 55 is shorts and sandals weather! On a Saturday, if the predicted high is near 60 I'll leave the house in shorts down to about 40.

And I have shoveled snow from the driveway and sidewalk wearing shorts (but not sandals) on many occasions.

5 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Anything above 55 is shorts and sandals weather! On a Saturday, if the predicted high is near 60 I'll leave the house in shorts down to about 40.

And I have shoveled snow from the driveway and sidewalk wearing shorts (but not sandals) on many occasions.

I felt that way when I lived in Michigan. However I have lived in SW Florida for quite some time, so my blood has thinned out, and when it dips to 70 i need a jacket. Today right now its 84....mmmmmm warm.