Coco Cay Over Water Cabanas

tonyfsu21

14 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

So there’s apparently (8) over water cabanas at the Coco Cay Beach Club that are rumored to be built. Just out of curiosity how many families will be willing to pay the $999-$1500 fee per day to use them? I am hoping to book one for our holiday cruise end of 2019. 

Not me.  I'm looking at the waterpark cabanas though as that includes the waterpark admission so it almost makes it a good deal.

10 minutes ago, melski94 said:

Not me.  I'm looking at the waterpark cabanas though as that includes the waterpark admission so it almost makes it a good deal.

I'd agree those look like a great value. Depends ultimately on what you're looking for in your day at CocoCay.

I paid $247 for a regular cabana for my trip to Coco Cay this weekend (fingers crossed we actually make it based on the marine forecast), and even that feels like a splurge although worth it because there are six adults and a 6 year old. That massive price tag for the over water ones is insane. 

Not me that is for sure.  I can't imagine spending that.  I give KLA points for getting the chill island cabana at 247.  I thought getting mine at 449 was a bargain and for me too that was our splurge.  I can only see doing it under 3 situations.  1 I am going on my honeymoon/anniversary/special education.  2. I am going with 3 other couples and could get it under 1K (250 a couple).  3. I have won the lottery.

I would rather take money and put it down for another cruise or a heck a long weekend land vacation where they offer that option with your room.  My friend went to Jamaica on her honeymoon (2nd marriage).  Their room had an over water balcony attached to their regular outdoor sunbathing area.  

I considered over the water cabanas. From when I booked, to my cruise (6/19 with Harmony) , I got sick & am/might be wheelchair bound & this would have been the only “excursion” I felt comfortable going on. But OTW cabanas will not be ready yet, so booked the Chill Island  Cabana. Want to mention that I found an **“issue” on the number of guests allowed, and have worked with RC Resolution Team and also with RC Corporate for 2 months. Resolution was not found & the excursion highlights to completing payment are still contradicting. I am mentioning this, if anyone is considering making the full payment & have friends chip in. Specifically 1)the excursion “highlights” state “room for up to 8 of your favorite people” which I took as myself plus 8=nine total. 2) the excursion “important notes” state “maximum eight guests per cabana” . 3) when you pay/complete this excursion it states “choose SIX people” . 3)RC Resolution team member Eva got back to me and stated it is “six adults and two children” will be authorized to use /be with me. We are traveling with 20 and it was difficult to pick& choose the 6/7 or 8 “ favorites”. Dissapointed that RC only offered a$25 credit for me finding the error. Hopefully other friends can stop in, but not stay. This is my first post, let me know if I should post my finding somewhere for others?

On 1/2/2019 at 10:31 AM, Matt said:

I'd agree those look like a great value. Depends ultimately on what you're looking for in your day at CocoCay.

My wife and I are going in May.....I can buy the Waterpark Cabana for $400 and we both will get the full day pass to the waterpark??  That seems like a great deal!  

• 4 months later...

@michellt    Personally if I saw a Chill cabana for a low price (449) I would book it just to have one on hold and than when the over water open up, cancel and purchase that.   The reason I say that is because look at how find behind schedule Perfect Day was.  I know for our cruise the chill island and Oasis cabana were sold out @ 4 months in advance.  I don't know which ship you are on, but for us we are on Adventure(passenger load @3200)  and the only ship there for the day.  If you are going on a larger ship or if 2 are docked that day they may sell out even sooner.

Also, the more people that are planned to be on the island that day, the higher the prices will be.  So even if yours is the only ship scheduled to be there right now, if another ship gets scheduled to call on CC, the prices for things like cabanas will rise significantly.

I'm sailing in Jan 2020. Last i saw they are expected to be done Dec 2019. I'll be checking daily, if one pops up I'll be getting one. I'm not expecting them to pop up until they are confirmed to be on time with the project. Price is steep but you pay extra for the over water experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,  we did HOTS CocoCay on Monday. First time & last time cruisers, here is our little bit we can mention for our experience. HOTS docked i think at 8am & left at 4:30, we were in our Chill Island Cabana (#10 right next to rocks & farthest away) on Cococay by 10am. Ran over to Thrill Water Park before the kids/ crowds  came, went down 3 slides & it was Noon. Our cabana attendant did not want to assist with food( i have mobility issues& worked hard to not bring a wheelchair at CocoCay), drinks she was okay with getting, but took a long time & did surprise us with deserts. Since RC could not confirm the promised combination locking lid, location of cabana, or the speaker I arranged to get $100 credit.  We dont have children & are not used to being around them. We would have paid $1200 for an OTWC if built, to have a more catered experience. Our own cabana, our own tiny slide, bar restrooms& food area near us & not trudge through the sand since mobility issues. The birds dive bombing  people eating & pooping on picknick table sitting people was beyond disgusting. There are NO clocks anywhere & we NEVER heard the ship’s horn sound, crowds went quick back to the ship NO employees,  mentioned ship departing in an hour, so if you nap, bring your own alarm. PS floating bar was an awesome time(pictured), and hammocks are by the #30 in South Beach area.

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

• 6 months later...

I am going in April 2020! 3 couples total and we all split the over the water cabana. A bit pricey but with everything you get, it seems totally worth it! We are looking to relax more than doing the water park, etc. (they have that anywhere!) I thought, YOLO! Let's try something we have never tried before! It is vacation after all! With the over the water cabanas you get your own concierge to take care of you all day (they bring all drinks/food to you), unlimited dining at the beach club including all of the club's amenities (bars/pools). I will check back after and let you all know how it goes! :-)

I am booked for an overwater cabana on feb 1st. Paid 1499, they are up to 1649 now.

Last I read they will be ready jan 31st, so I will be one of the first if not the first to be on one!!! I'll post some pics.

I'm just getting nervous that they wont be ready now.

Anyone have any  recent updates or pics of the progress?

14 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

I am booked for an overwater cabana on feb 1st. Paid 1499, they are up to 1649 now.

Last I read they will be ready jan 31st, so I will be one of the first if not the first to be on one!!! I'll post some pics.

I’ve heard absolutely nothing about status or proposed opening date.  We will be at Coco Cay on 2-11 and I’m also wondering if the Beach Club will be open even by then !

I have an over the water cabana reserved  for 2/15/2020.  I keep watching for photos or blogs showing the brand new cabanas.  Nothing is out!!   I also am worried that The over the water cabanas wont be ready, or Coco Beach Club for that matter.  I am  hopeful that we are not let down because we are so looking forward to this.

17 hours ago, Mittenlady said:

I have an over the water cabana reserved  for 2/15/2020.  I keep watching for photos or blogs showing the brand new cabanas.  Nothing is out!!   I also am worried that The over the water cabanas wont be ready, or Coco Beach Club for that matter.  I am  hopeful that we are not let down because we are so looking forward to this.

Well I am planning on posting pics from the cabana on Feb 1st. I am considering doing a semi live blog. So make sure you check that sub forum on the 1st.

On 1/9/2020 at 10:13 PM, bossdog421 said:

We were there Sunday on Mariner. Tough to see much from the island, but definitely seems to be a lot of work going on behind the scrims. They were actively working on the beach right in front of the Snack Shack. I couldn’t help but think to myself that it seemed impossible for it to be complete in less than three weeks. Then again, what do I know! I’m sure Royal will do all they can to make it happen, there’s too much money to lose and guests to disappoint. 

Hard to see much, but here’s a pic from the Sky Pad on Sunday evening as we were about to leave.

image.thumb.jpeg.91bf4ef503413dd03284f003835f4a11.jpeg

So i saw a post on reddit's r/cruise (dont go to cruising, different type of board o.0 ) that had progress pics of the beach club area as of 1/19/20. It looked like there was a long way to go for the areas.

When i finally got my concierge email i expressed my concern and asked if they knew if they would be ready by Feb 1st. I just got the response back today that they will be ready by Feb 1st!

Excited!

2 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

So i saw a post on reddit's r/cruise (dont go to cruising, different type of board o.0 ) that had progress pics of the beach club area as of 1/19/20. It looked like there was a long way to go for the areas.

When i finally got my concierge email i expressed my concern and asked if they knew if they would be ready by Feb 1st. I just got the response back today that they will be ready by Feb 1st!

Excited!

Fingers crossed for you !!  We are there on Feb. 11 and I am very worried...but if it's ready for you on Feb 1 it will be WAAAY ready for us on Feb 11.

18 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Fingers crossed for you !!  We are there on Feb. 11 and I am very worried...but if it's ready for you on Feb 1 it will be WAAAY ready for us on Feb 11.

I also sent an email to the shore excursion team. I just got an email from them too.

Dear Justin,

Thank you for contacting the Shore Excursions Inquiry Team and for choosing us as your vacation guide.

We are so glad to know that you have booked one of our "Coco Beach Club Overwater Cabanas A ZH05".

Please note that our Overwater Cabanas will be ready at the time of your cruise so that you enjoy and spend the best time with your family.

If you have any other question in regards to your shore excursions, feel free to write us back.

Kind regards,

Shirley Chojolan

Tour Inquiry Coordinator | Global Tour Operations Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. |1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132

Fax: 305-539-4131| email: shorex@rccl.com Royal Caribbean International 

Note: In order to better serve you, please include the booking number or ship and sail date in the subject line of your email.  We appreciate if you send us your reply with the full history of our correspondence. Please note that we will reply to your inquiry in the order in which it was received. Please reply only if you need to provide additional information related to your original email. Follow-up emails regarding the status of your query may further delay your response.  Shore excursions can be purchased on-line up to 4 days prior to your sail date. If you are sailing in less than 4 days, you can purchase excursions on board the ship.

2 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Were did that giant sand bar by south beach come from?  We've been there twice within 18 months and never saw that.

Pretty sure the tide was going out at this point so you likely don’t see it at high tide. Just my guess.  I was also thinking it looked strange, particularly at the most exclusive area of the island. It’s probably deceiving from this distance. 

8 minutes ago, Biff215 said:

Pretty sure the tide was going out at this point so you likely don’t see it at high tide. Just my guess.  I was also thinking it looked strange, particularly at the most exclusive area of the island. It’s probably deceiving from this distance. 

That's more than just tide....here's the same area in Aug 2018....we were there 8am to 4pm and while it was 'shallow' (water up to your knees) for a very very far distance.....it was uninhibited sea view of crystal clear water from south beach.DSC02023.thumb.JPG.572a6859434f0b70e2eab97a8f524c4b.JPG