New England & Canada - Better Departure Port?

Floski

If it were up to me, I'd go to the Caribbean every single time, but my wife wants a change of pace, so...

We're in Charleston, so it'll be a plane trip to whichever port we choose - NJ or BMore.  

Which is better as far as airport to hotel to terminal?  If anyone has flown from Charleston/Myrtle/Savannah, how are the prices?

I've never flown to a terminal destination - always driven down to Port Canaveral.

Thanks for any replies; I'll hang up and listen...

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I suggest Boston, on October 11, 2020. RCBlog GC ?

That would be fantastic, save for a couple issues - since we live on the coast in SC, October is prime hurricane season and I'm scared to death about leaving

my home in the hands of my son (who is capable, just never had to be the responsible adult around the house), and also I'm so looking to do one earlier than 

that, say in early 2020.  Heck, if it were up to me, we'd be on the next sailing I could get a cabin for, but I also have to be responsible and get a lot of big $ things

done to the house.  

Being a grown-up is pretty much the suck.

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Lived in Myrtle Beach for a while, very expensive airport to fly from.  Charleston was always cheaper. 

Suggest you look at Southwest since bags are free.  If you book it far enough out there can be cheap rates.  JetBlue may be an option too.  

And to add on @twangster 's thought process ..... with Baltimore being a hub for Southwest, getting there becomes a lot easier ..... as for time to the port, I'd say 20 minutes DURING rush hour ..... 15 minutes during non ..... it's an incredibly easy shot up I-95.  There are several hotels around the airport that offer a shuttle to the port .... one of the more popular ones is the Best Western on Dorsey Rd (just south of the airport).

We are heading to Baltimore in a month and again in July for the NE/CA cruise.  It's a very easy port, and as @coneyraven said, many hotels close by.  (we are driving) but opted to stay at the Airport, less $$ and less hassle versus downtown.  Embassy Suites, good pricing.  Check out July 25th sailing this year, it's really a nice itinerary!