coffee?

nikibron

Hi! 

Yes - regular coffee is included. This can vary by ship based on what the ship does/doesn't have, but it is typically always available in either the Windjammer buffet or at Cafe Promenade (both self serve). It is also available in the Main Dining Room. 

Unless you have a Junior Suite or above, coffee pots are not available in your cabin. 

What ship will you be sailing on? We may be able to provide insight. 

Just now, KLA said:

Hi! 

Yes - regular coffee is included. This can vary by ship based on what the ship does/doesn't have, but it is typically always available in either the Windjammer buffet or at Cafe Promenade (both self serve). It is also available in the Main Dining Room. 

Unless you have a Junior Suite or above, coffee pots are not available in your cabin. 

What ship will you be sailing on? We may be able to provide insight. 

Agree with Kayla, also for a fee Room Service will bring a pot every morning, if you are in a suite room service is free.

1 minute ago, tiny260 said:

Agree with Kayla, also for a fee Room Service will bring a pot every morning, if you are in a suite room service is free.

AH! That one is super important - thanks for bringing that up. 

You have door hangers in your room that you can fill out with your complementary continental breakfast request (or just pot of coffee) to have delivered with a time marked for what time you'd like it to arrive. They'll call your room before they bring it, so I use it as an "alarm clock" often. 

Edit for clarity - the door hangers are complementary and don't have the room service fee applied as long as you stick to the continental breakfast options, which are marked and coffee is included in that section. 

As a fellow coffee-holic, I feel I t should be noted that the coffee in the MDR and WJ is only one degree removed from sludge. It’s really bitter, only drinkable while very hot, and isn’t even especially caffeine-heavy from what I can tell. You may want to look at getting your cups of regular joe from the Cafe Promenade / La Patisserie / specialty coffee shop on board. They serve Seattle’s Best or Illy, depending on the ship. You’ll have to pay for it, but it’s a lot better than the mass-brewed stuff served with meals.

Just now, nikibron said:

JL Morgan- If I get the alcoholic drink package does that also include specialty coffees? Sorry for all the questions! This is my first cruise since 1991 so quite sure things have changed a lot LOL

Yes, both the alcoholic (Deluxe) package and the non-alcoholic (Refreshment) package cover all for-fee coffees, whether espresso-based or regular coffee.

2 minutes ago, nikibron said:

Thank you all!! I like the idea of the continental breakfast and coffee. Hope that is available on Liberty of the Seas? Sailing Jan 6 out of Galveston- 7 day Caribbean cruise. We are not in a suite. Just a regular stateroom that overlooks promenade

Yep - as far as I know this is available on all ships. 

It's something I've started to really enjoy - light breakfast with fruit and an english muffin ahead of all the other eating going on! Especially nice if it's enjoyed on a balcony. 

The promenade rooms are great - it feels like it has a lot more space over the other interior room categories. 

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

As a fellow coffee-holic, I feel I t should be noted that the coffee in the MDR and WJ is only one degree removed from sludge. It’s really bitter, only drinkable while very hot, and isn’t even especially caffeine-heavy from what I can tell. You may want to look at getting your cups of regular joe from the Cafe Promenade / La Patisserie / specialty coffee shop on board. They serve Seattle’s Best or Illy, depending on the ship. You’ll have to pay for it, but it’s a lot better than the mass-brewed stuff served with meals.

Agree with @JLMoran 100%. I cannot drink coffee in WJ or MDR any more. I normally get the refreshment drink package just for coffee, sparkling water and bottled waters. 

2 hours ago, tiny260 said:

.... also for a fee Room Service will bring a pot every morning, if you are in a suite room service is free.

Just disembarked from Rhapsody of the Seas and we had coffee and Continental served every morning at NO CHARGE.  If you order a Breakfast MEAL....they do charge you a service charge but the food is still free.  BTW....they were serving some of the best coffee!   

3 hours ago, WHStoneman said:

Just disembarked from Rhapsody of the Seas and we had coffee and Continental served every morning at NO CHARGE.  If you order a Breakfast MEAL....they do charge you a service charge but the food is still free.  BTW....they were serving some of the best coffee!   

Yea, I've already been corrected, forgot about the free continental part.

1 minute ago, kontraxed said:

I ordered the refreshment drink package for our May cruise on the Symphony. Do you think I could use a Yeti or thermos to take coffee with me?

Yes, you can do that. But, for sanitation / health reasons they will require you to get the beverage in a standard cardboard cup from them, then pour it into your travel container.

10 hours ago, kontraxed said:

I ordered the refreshment drink package for our May cruise on the Symphony. Do you think I could use a Yeti or thermos to take coffee with me?

I almost always travel with my own Yeti and already have mine packed for my trip on Mariner this weekend. Just make you you do as JL said and don't fill it from the tap and fill a glass to pour in to the Yeti. 

Good Morning,

Since we are talking Coffee, I started a discussion/question about if the mass quantity brewed was a powder form of coffee?  My buddy made reference to this discussion on a previous cruise.  No one on the blog didn't give a clear answer.  I find it hard to believe it powder and would love to say he is wrong but need proof!

5 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

Good Morning,

Since we are talking Coffee, I started a discussion/question about if the mass quantity brewed was a powder form of coffee?  My buddy made reference to this discussion on a previous cruise.  No one on the blog didn't give a clear answer.  I find it hard to believe it powder and would love to say he is wrong but need proof!

Has anyone been on the Galley tour and asked?

On 1/1/2019 at 2:25 PM, JLMoran said:

Yes, both the alcoholic (Deluxe) package and the non-alcoholic (Refreshment) package cover all for-fee coffees, whether espresso-based or regular coffee.

But it does NOT include Starbucks if there is a Starbucks shop on board. Those are [Is "independent franchises" accurate?], so you have to pay as if you had no package at all.

2 hours ago, Keeves said:

But it does NOT include Starbucks if there is a Starbucks shop on board. Those are [Is "independent franchises" accurate?], so you have to pay as if you had no package at all.

42 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

I have never paid for the starbucks on board.  I get iced coffee everyday and just show my seapass card.  We always get the deluxe

It depends on if the ship has an actual Starbucks-branded kiosk on board, or simply sells Starbucks coffee.

For example, on Anthem you have La Patisserie, which is the specialty coffee shop on board* and happens to sell Starbucks coffee. Whatever you buy there is covered by the package.

But on the Oasis class ships, you have an actual Starbucks-branded kiosk on board in addition to places like Park Cafe that also sell specialty coffees (usually Illy or Seattle's Best). In this case, the Starbucks kiosk is not covered by the package, whereas Park Cafe is covered.

*if I'm remembering correctly, Cafe Lattetudes right on the other side of the Royal Esplanade does not sell specialty coffee, just the free regular joe and free pastries

On 1/1/2019 at 11:23 AM, nikibron said:

Sorry for all the questions! 

Don't be sorry. In case you haven't noticed, this message board is for people suffering from "notcurrentlyonacruiseitis". Any and all chances to talk, think & dream about another cruise for ourselves or others helps us cope with our very serious disease.

• 9 months later...
10 hours ago, Jasmine's Mom said:

When you order coffee through room service, does it come in a cup or a pot?  If in a pot, how many cups does it serve?

It comes in a carafe.  Pours at least 2 cups, maybe 3 depending on how big of a cup.  You give them a quantity when you order and usually what number you give will result in how many mugs you get with your coffee delivery.  I would hope they would include enough coffee to fill all the mugs.  You also need to specifically request cream and/or sugar.

• 2 months later...

In Anthem’s WJ, there is a specialty coffee “bar” with two baristas making fancier coffees such as cappuccino, frappes, and the like. 

We always got our coffee from there. There was never a line and service was quick. Sometimes we would washy-washy just to grab a coffee from there since the WJ was on the pool deck.

We thought the specialty coffee was good. It was better than the “included” coffee which was more so “diner”-level coffee. Absolutely nothing wrong with the included coffee but since specialty coffees was covered by the deluxe beverage package, it added to the “value” of the DBP by getting it.