advice on flight times and transport

cmm

First time cruiser here with some newbie questions...Our fam will be on Allure on a Sunday to Sunday cruise from MIA.  I am looking at flights into and out of FLL.

Is an incoming flight that lands in FLL at 1030am going to be early enough, or should we look at arriving the day before?

Is a departing flight at 11:20am on Sunday from FLL going to give us enough time to disembark and get to the airport? 

Any advice on getting to/from FLL and the Miami port?

Thanks so much for your help!

Always smart to fly in the day before. 

We have done an 11:30am flight out of FLL before when leaving from POM. Just make sure you do the early disembark. 

We usually use Uber/Lyft. It’s about a 40-45min ride. About $40 or double for Lyft plus.

Flights from FLL are a whole lot cheaper. I don’t blame you for entertaining that option.

I always fly in to FLL - I like the area, and it's usually cheaper to get to. As already recommended, come in a day early. It relieves some stress and you can board the ship rested and ready to enjoy the day! 

As stated above, Uber/Lyft from the FLL area to Port Miami is only about $30-$40 for a standard Uber. 

11:20 AM return flight *should* be fine - I would make sure I was off the ship doing self carry disembarkation (don't leave your luggage in the hall to collect at the pier) around 7:30 - 8 AM. However, keep in mind if customs gets backed up or if there's an issue clearing the ship or if airport security is backed up, you'll be crunched for time. That said, I've done this in plenty of time a couple times previously and am returning at that same time when I depart from Mariner next Monday. 

20 hours ago, cmm said:

Is an incoming flight that lands in FLL at 1030am going to be early enough, or should we look at arriving the day before?

Always fly in the day before to protect against travel delays.

20 hours ago, cmm said:

Is a departing flight at 11:20am on Sunday from FLL going to give us enough time to disembark and get to the airport?

That flight is doable, but you should be hustling off the ship to ensure you arent running late.