I guess RCCL will soon follow suit?

When I read the release from NCL themselves it was confusing to be honest - as every line cancels your res if you don't pay.  All they're doing is improving their reminders/notifications that final payment is approaching.  My travel agent knows when to start harassing me, and smartly, he usually lies about the date to give me a buffer ?

On 1/1/2019 at 11:11 AM, jurrjurr said:

Sending notifications 10, 5, and 1 day prior to final payment date is very fair.  I don't think RC does this.  

I received 3 emails from RC about my final payment.  One was about 45 days before due, then two weeks and one week. I think the issue is, a lot of people on this blog don't get emails from RC even though they might be Diamond or higher (RC IT department again), so I guess you really need to know last date to pay. 

Just now, Boston Babe said:

I received 3 emails from RC about my final payment.  One was about 45 days before due, then two weeks and one week. I think the issue is, a lot of people on this blog don't get emails from RC even though they might be Diamond or higher (RC IT department again), so I guess you really need to know last date to pay. 

I just create a reminder on my Google calendar. Zero confidence in RCL IT. 

My travel agency (sorry, not MEI) will automatically charge my credit card they have on file if I have not paid the balance before the due date. I ALWAYS pay the balance due 30-45 days before the due date, I don't care for last minute surprises! Any one else here have a TA that does this also? I would think this would be a standard travel agency practice, but, I could be wrong. :27_sunglasses:

On 1/1/2019 at 11:07 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

IIRC, from a thread here a while ago, RC cancels you too automatically if you don’t pay by final payment.

I remember the thread you referenced/posted. The poster joined this site, complained, and then has vanished ever since.

As much I get obsessed with my upcoming cruises, I can't see how I could possibly forget that I have an upcoming vacation to pay for and have it cancelled on me.

I'm not as organized as @tiny260 , but, I am always aware of my outstanding balance and final due date.

• 4 weeks later...

My MEI agent has my due date 30 days before my final due date.  I think it makes for a built in notification which I really really like.  But I also keep a folder with my invoice that has my due dates in it so I can keep on top of my due dates as well.  Though my OCD has me making payments towards my total as I go, so it doesnt put thousands on my credit card all at once and incurs interest.  Instead I make my own payment plan where over months I'm making larger payments so I am making my final payment before the first payment due date.  Its just my OCD about paying off the cruise.  Because when I have it paid off it becomes that much more real

Just now, ThyriC said:

My MEI agent has my due date 30 days before my final due date.  I think it makes for a built in notification which I really really like.  But I also keep a folder with my invoice that has my due dates in it so I can keep on top of my due dates as well.  Though my OCD has me making payments towards my total as I go, so it doesnt put thousands on my credit card all at once and incurs interest.  Instead I make my own payment plan where over months I'm making larger payments so I am making my final payment before the first payment due date.  Its just my OCD about paying off the cruise.  Because when I have it paid off it becomes that much more real

I do the same thing