2018 - A Cruise Year in Review

twangster

37 minutes ago, twangster said:

I love Central Park.  I often book a cabin on decks 6, 7 or 8 so that I have easy access to Central Park, especially at night.  

I had never been on Oasis class so exciting will be sailing in October with Symphony and sure I will enjoy Central Park.

@twangster how many points are you in C&A? You maybe be the youngest ever to make to Pinnacle ?

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I love Central Park.  I often book a cabin on decks 6, 7 or 8 so that I have easy access to Central Park, especially at night.  

That's one of the things I am most excited about for my May cruise on Allure. We have a cabin on deck 8 and I can't wait to pop over to Park Cafe for breakfast to eat on our balcony and then enjoy a nice book on my kindle on a bench in Central Park. 

9 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

That's one of the things I am most excited about for my May cruise on Allure. We have a cabin on deck 8 and I can't wait to pop over to Park Cafe for breakfast to eat on our balcony and then enjoy a nice book on my kindle on a bench in Central Park. 

When I have a balcony I go with the free breakfast from room service.  Fruit plate, some pastries.   Coffee on the balcony.  Ahhhh....,

This was and still is a challenging year for us, but we managed two cruises.  Like many here, I didn't want to leave my dogs! Then I said, Seriously??  We have quite a few booked now to look forward to but most of all it's been such a great experience being part of this great group!  And I still want @twangster to adopt me! LOL

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Not even close.   Many younger than me.  Besides, it'll be 2021 likely.  I can't repeat 2018 again.  

2018 = 15 cruises.         2019 = 14 cruises.     It is not repeat ?

Did you get the points even though you missed one cruise? Hope ! you are because you paid for it.

My lifetime goals just a Diamond +.

12 hours ago, twangster said:

I deliberately booked our first interior cabin on deck 8 so that we are literally less than a minute from central park.  I'm living in fear of that interior cabin since I get a  bit claustrophobic, so I'm planning on spending a lot of time outside the cabin in central park!  I think the central park balconies look incredible....   Jane

First time sailing on the MSC Seaside and in the Yacht Club.

First time trying the Empress OTS.

Completed the Radiance class with a 21 day sailing on the Brilliance.

First D+ cruise

First time on Grandeur OTS and port of Baltimore

First time in Amsterdam, Azores, Belfast, Waterford

210 crystal block 

26 minutes ago, Mljstr said:

@twangster FYI I did email C&A and received a prompt response. They will be shipping the crystal block which I did not receive while sailing on the Liberty in September, 2017.  All I have to do is provide my shipping info. 

I’ve always been impressed with the C&A team.  

In my case they said “allow 6-8 weeks” blah blah blah, but I got it in short order.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I’ve always been impressed with the C&A team.  

In my case they said “allow 6-8 weeks” blah blah blah, but I got it in short order.  

Do I contact c & a directly if my former trips are listed but they didn’t add c & a points for the last trip.  It makes no difference for this next trip but we actually will turn platinum on this next one and I want that level before we go on our summer cruise.  Don’t I get to request a robe to wear at platinum lol?   Is there a phone contact or do I email?  I know the email has been listed somewhere....   

by the way...I’m loving your current scopes as we will sail vision in July out of Barcelona...   I’d love any and all ship pics you can take!  Jane

6 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Do I contact c & a directly if my former trips are listed but they didn’t add c & a points for the last trip.  It makes no difference for this next trip but we actually will turn platinum on this next one and I want that level before we go on our summer cruise.  Don’t I get to request a robe to wear at platinum lol?   Is there a phone contact or do I email?  I know the email has been listed somewhere....   

by the way...I’m loving your current scopes as we will sail vision in July out of Barcelona...   I’d love any and all ship pics you can take!  Jane

Yes, if anything is incorrect in points posted call or email C&A.   Email will take several days, phone calls are usually quick.  

(800) 526-9723

crownandanchor@rccl.com

On 1/1/2019 at 6:14 AM, twangster said:

Fourteen cruises marks the most I've cruised in any single year so I thought I take a second to put it down in a post.

I started 2018 as a relatively new Diamond member in the Crown and Anchor Society and finished just over the halfway mark to Pinnacle.

Anthem -> Liberty -> Serenade -> Adventure -> Explorer -> Empress -> Radiance -> Mariner -> Enchantment -> Adventure -> Symphony -> Serenade -> Oasis -> Navigator

The scary part is I missed a cruise when my daughter graduated from the Air Force or it would have been fifteen.  Oh well, well worth it.

Of all these cruises I think Navigator to the ABC islands was my best cruise, in no small part due to the ABC islands and my cruise mate (step daughter and scuba diving buddy).

Other notable 2018 cruise events for me

• First Transatlantic (Symphony)
  • First Canada/New England (Adventure)
  • First ABC island cruise
  • First visit/cruise to Cuba
  • First Diamond Plus cruise (Adventure repositioning San Juan to Bayonne)
  • First Radiance class experience
  • First Voyager class experience
  • Completed the Oasis class challenge (sailing all Oasis Class)
  • Completed the Freedom class challenge (sailing all Freedom class)
  • Completed the Empress class challenge (easy one here)
  • My longest single cruise (Adventure 13 night Snowbird Migration)
  • Paid for a cruise in full and didn't show up (cruise #15 above)
  • Sailed six different classes of ship in a single year (would have been seven classes if not for the missed cruise)
  • First time on a FlowRider
  • Five Crystal Blocks
  • First year not sailing in a full suite
  • Sailed on a ship every month of the year
  • First RoyalCaribbeanBlog Group Cruise!!!!

412980830_2018Blocks.thumb.JPG.9ed8250b3dba4aefa0d4dc09fba12f84.JPG

What was your most notable cruise moment of 2018?

Wow! What an awesome year. Love your block collection. 

On 12/31/2018 at 2:14 PM, twangster said:

Fourteen cruises marks the most I've cruised in any single year so I thought I take a second to put it down in a post.

I started 2018 as a relatively new Diamond member in the Crown and Anchor Society and finished just over the halfway mark to Pinnacle.

Anthem -> Liberty -> Serenade -> Adventure -> Explorer -> Empress -> Radiance -> Mariner -> Enchantment -> Adventure -> Symphony -> Serenade -> Oasis -> Navigator

The scary part is I missed a cruise when my daughter graduated from the Air Force or it would have been fifteen.  Oh well, well worth it.

Of all these cruises I think Navigator to the ABC islands was my best cruise, in no small part due to the ABC islands and my cruise mate (step daughter and scuba diving buddy).

• Sailed six different classes of ship in a single year (would have been seven classes if not for the missed cruise)
  • Five Crystal Blocks

Please tell me how I can obtain such a beautiful tower of RCI cruise ships?! I haven't seen this before. 

On 12/31/2018 at 2:14 PM, twangster said:

• Five Crystal Blocks

Please tell me how I can obtain such a beautiful tower of RCI cruise ships?! I haven't seen this before. 

32 minutes ago, Trinc-tastic said:

Once you hit 140 C&A points, you get a crystal block for the ship you are on when you reach 140.  Then, every 70 points (210, 280, etc) you get another one.  

#keepcruising 

On 1/1/2019 at 3:38 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

^^ This is one of the reasons I haven't been on a vacation in 8 years ... 4 giant dogs that I can't board. I finally found someone who's willing to stay at the house for 10 days with them.

We use to pay $75 a day for ours for someone to stay overnight and come one during mid day (they had a doggie door and fenced yard). They were old and the one time I boarded them they were a wreck (and hoarse) when I returned so paying that was worth it to travel without feeling horrible. I can imagine 4 would be pricey ! It did keep us from traveling for quite some time until we found someone we trusted to that degree with our furkids and our home. Glad you found someone to help!

2 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

We use to pay $75 a day for ours for someone to stay overnight and come one during mid day (they had a doggie door and fenced yard). They were old and the one time I boarded them they were a wreck (and hoarse) when I returned so paying that was worth it to travel without feeling horrible. I can imagine 4 would be pricey ! It did keep us from traveling for quite some time until we found someone we trusted to that degree with our furkids and our home. Glad you found someone to help!

Thanks. We'll see if she's willing/able to do it more than once, lol.