Questions on alcohol, dining, shows....please help!

nikibron

Going on my first cruise with my 3 daughters-20, 22 and 24. We are going on Liberty of the Seas 7 day cruise out of Galveston leaving Jan 6. My travel agent and different persons from Royal Carribbean are all telling me different things and their web site is anything but easy to find the answers.

1. Need to know if I have to reserve seats for the shows BEFORE I leave or when I get on the boat? I can't find any way to do that on the cruise planner? When I called RC they told me the shows were "sold out" but then my travel agent told me you book seats when you get on the boat. Which is correct?? Seems ridiculous that I can't attend any shows.....I paid top $$ for this cruise because I booked late

2. Also need to know if I can bring 1 or 2 bottles of wine per person of legal age?

3. I wanted early seating but couldn't get it so I think we have late seating now. If we switch to MTD do you have to call someone to reserve a certain time each nite or do you just walk up and put  your name on list and if so is there a long wait?

4. Can persons under 21 go into the clubs? I obviously understand they cannot drink but I'd like my younger daughter to be able to join us to hang out/dance etc. 

2 bottles per CABIN.  I reserved all our shows on the Cruise Planner on line.  If they are showing sold out, then I believe there is a place outside the shows that you can wait stand bye for people who may not show and the seats are empty.  No promise of any kind if you get seats.  

When we went with our kids, my daughter was under 21 but she was allowed to stay in the clubs, only if one of us was with her.  

37 minutes ago, nikibron said:

Need to know if I have to reserve seats for the shows BEFORE I leave or when I get on the boat?

No, because you cannot pre-book entertainment for Liberty.

37 minutes ago, nikibron said:

Also need to know if I can bring 1 or 2 bottles of wine per person of legal age?

Up to two bottles of wine per stateroom, not per person.

38 minutes ago, nikibron said:

If we switch to MTD do you have to call someone to reserve a certain time each nite or do you just walk up and put  your name on list and if so is there a long wait?

Essentially, yes. You can make reservations for MTD either online before your cruise or onboard. More info on how MTD works here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/06/04/what-you-need-know-about-royal-caribbeans-my-time-dining

38 minutes ago, nikibron said:

Can persons under 21 go into the clubs? I obviously understand they cannot drink but I'd like my younger daughter to be able to join us to hang out/dance etc. 

Late night they check IDs are the dance parties.  The pub or bars around the ship are less strict.