Solarium on Ovation

SpeedNoodles

Just now, JLMoran said:

Given the “in China sailings” qualifier at the end of that, I think you’ll be OK for your Alaska sailing. 

I hope, however it's kind of vague. I could also read that it's limited to guests sailing on Junior Suites and above,  Crown & Anchor Diamond Society and above - and in China only to Royal Premier guests.  But yes, I hope you are correct.

I agree with JL, I think this is really for the China sailings.  That market is very unique to any of their other markets, especially from gambling and smoking aspects.  My bet is that the company adjusts accordingly to each specific market.  I would think that like you, most U.S. sailings, including AK, will be filled with mostly American and Canadians, which may mean that RCCL would hear bloody murder from those passengers.  I say that bc loyal Royal customers are accustom the Solarium to have that adults only pool.   I would be more upset regarding the fact that I couldn't use the pool, over the bistro. 

Do not get me wrong, I enjoy the outside pools too, and when we go on the Adventure in the spring, we only took an outside balcony, I plan to use the Solarium quite often.  I have seen pics showing that it is not totally covered, or maybe all of the pics show the pool with the roof retracted, but that will be go to pool.  I plan to do this because, my pet peeve on cruises with the outdoor pools is I enjoy the hot tubs/jacuzzi more than the pool itself.  However, regardless of signage regarding age requirements and parental supervision, inevitably there will be a couple of kids under 10 that will jump in without parental supervision, splash each other, sit on the bottom holding their breath, etc., and get out a few minutes later.  Repeat with a new set of young kids a few minutes later.  It is not relaxing.  Instead of me getting angry at the kids or contacting the life guard to report them to their parents,  I opt for the Solarium.

I know on certain ships the Solarium bistro, such as Anthem, that you can access the bistro without going through the Solarium per se.  You can go through the Solarium pool area too, but there are doors for entry without entering the pool. 

Hi, this is part of a response I got from a C&A rep mail:

Dear Carlos:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

You are correct that access to the Solarium Pool for Junior Suites and above, Crown & Anchor Society members Diamond and above and Royal Premier guests is only applicable for sailing departing from China.

So we'll be Ok on Alaska cruises! ?

3 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

Hi, this is part of a response I got from a C&A rep mail:

So we'll be Ok on Alaska cruises! ?

Thanks!!! I get myself into all kinds of trouble when I have a quiet overnight shift at work with nothing to do!! I almost read TOO much!!