Can We Carry Ground Coffee Onboard?

FloridaMac

1 minute ago, FloridaMac said:

Yes, newbie questions ?  We're in a junior-suite and it's equipped with a coffee pot.  Are we able to carry aboard a bag of our favorite ground coffee? 

Alternatively, what brand and how good is the coffee provided for brewing in the JS?

Which ship will you be on?  They don't all have the same coffee pots. 

On Adventure we had the old kind that you put a round filter pouch thing in.  It was horrible, overflowed all over the counter.  Never tried it again.  On Harmony, it was a fancy type with a special pod.  

2 hours ago, MikeK said:

We call room service and have a pot of coffee delivered to our room every morning

No need to call. There are "door hanger" room service menus in every cabin. Just check what you want, what time you want it delivered and hang it on the outside door knob before you go to bed. A "kitchen magician" collects them, gets them to the kitchen and next morning you will get a call a few minutes before delivery is made. As MikeK said above "remember to tip your server". 

Past cruises we have been on, the coffee they serve is Seattle's Best. Could not find out for sure which blend though. :27_sunglasses:

On the Anthem I was told it is Seattle's Best (SBC), but the blend is made especially for RCCL and not sold to local grocers.  That being said, I would guess the blend is not just for RCCL, but any hospitality company that uses SBC in their hotels, restaurants, etc.  

I personally never make coffee in any room we stay in, be it on land or at sea vacations.  I don't know if it is the water in the room,, or that the coffee makers are not cleaned frequently leaving a bitter taste impo.