MIA RCC to POM Terminal A?

ChrisHa

Flying into FLL on a Thursday for a Symphony sailing leaving from POM Terminal A on Saturday. In between, I'm renting a car that I plan to return to the MIA Rental Car Center (RCC).

What is the best option for getting to Terminal A for Symphony after dropping off the rental? Do any of those airport shuttle buses pick up at the Rental Car Center, or will I need to take my luggage on the MIA Mover to the main terminal building? Would it be simpler to order a Lyft from the RCC to the Port terminal?

Definitely check with your rental company to see if they provide shuttles.  I know that Alamo/National used to do so.

The problem with the shuttles is you usually have to wait, they tend to be very crowded, don't necessarily hold that many people and they have to stop at every ship. Fortunately Terminal A would most likely be stop #1 as they start at the back and work their way back out.

One warning from personal experience using ride sharing.  I returned my rental car the day prior to the Symphony group cruise and ordered a Lyft to take me back to the hotel.  I had two drivers drop the ride and the third call me because no one could figure out were I was.  The pickup is on the 4 floor outside by the taxi area and apparently the information that the drivers received didn't really direct them there.  It took at least 20 minutes to finally get picked up.  At that point I was sorry I just didn't pay an extra few dollars and jump in a waiting cab. 

Just now, ChrisHa said:

I'm using Avis, so no shuttle from MIA.

@WhiteSoxFan - is the pickup at the Rental Car Center or do you have to take the train back to the main terminal area?

Pick up is at the MIA RCC.  Just take the elevator or escalator to the top floor and the taxi/ride sharing is in the middle on the west side.  Basically you will walk out to the top floor of the parking deck.

Just now, WhiteSoxFan said:

Pick up is at the MIA RCC.  Just take the elevator or escalator to the top floor and the taxi/ride sharing is in the middle on the west side.  Basically you will walk out to the top floor of the parking deck.

That's what I was trying to figure out. Thank you very much!