NextCruise

tdcackler

OK, we are turning into crazy people who have multiple cruises planned at the same time! We received a very nice Christmas gift to "use on our trip in February" - but it's already paid off or budgeted for. So, we decided we'd like to look at using it for our next cruise!

We're researching now, but are still confused on RC's NextSail program. From what I see, it's not a super great deal considering it's a non-refundable cruise deposit and the deals are just what we get on land. We have a great TA from MEI that I trust to get us the best deal. We plan to cruise again the next two January's (a shorter one in 2020 and then a longer one in 2021). Are we just as far ahead to book as we can with our TA or should we plan to visit the NextCruise desk when we sail in February?

I asked the same thing a couple days ago and posted the latest "NextCruise" information. You get on board credit/discounts that may not be the same as the current deal on the website. Still looking for an answer to "Kids Sail For Less" and what that means since I'm assuming less is not free. We sail Saturday and I am looking at a 7 day cruise on 1/4/2020 and Europe the summer of 2020. Will follow up with the deals offered onboard this weekend.

Here is the info for NextCruise through 1/31/19:

http://www.royalonboardsales.com/#seeoffer

Flyer: http://www.royalonboardsales.com/content/assets/2015/05/18065762_NextCruise_JanuaryOffer_Flyer.pdf

Highlights:

nextcruise.jpg.e0cf2efe6a7476a7066c7a4e2fd2e30e.jpg

Just now, KJ1231 said:

I asked the same thing a couple days ago and posted the latest "NextCruise" information.

Thanks. I have heard rumors that "Kids Sail Less" is the next "sale" for RC that will start sometime after the first of the year. From what I researched, it seems that NextCruise is "whatever the current sale is" plus "a tiny onboard credit" plus a non-refundable, yet reduced, deposit. I'm not sure that it is worth taking time out of our vacation to book a trip I can do one day when I am slacking off at work. ?

14 hours ago, tdcackler said:

Matt, do you have any additional information on the NextCruise program in general that I missed above? 

The earlier posts hit the high notes. My general advice is if you're on a cruise and have the inspiration to book a cruise, NextCruise will get you some bonus onboard credit that you would otherwise not get.

But do not wait weeks or months to book onboard. All too often I see price change between when you decide to book and when you are actually onboard, negating any bonus onboard credit benefits.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

But do not wait weeks or months to book onboard. All too often I see price change between when you decide to book and when you are actually onboard, negating any bonus onboard credit benefits.

Thanks, Matt. That was my gut feeling - looks like it's time to email my MEI Agent. ?

Besides the ease of booking while on board and the reduced deposit, is anyone finding any real benefit to using nextcruise now? While on a Thanksgiving trip I booked a Bermuda trip and a repeat of the Thanksgiving trip for 2019. Price was pretty much the same and I got $50 OBC for each. Other than the fact that the trips are "on the books" I really saw no significant upside to it.  Seems like it might be time to follow the leads of @Matt and @KJ1231 and many others here to switch (finally!) over to using MEI for booking. At least someone other than the cruise line will get the benfit of the sale.

3 hours ago, whenismynextcruise said:

Seems like it might be time to follow the leads of @Matt and @KJ1231 and many others here to switch (finally!) over to using MEI for booking. At least someone other than the cruise line will get the benfit of the sale.

I have been VERY happy with my agent over at MEI. Kathy G takes very good care of us and those we refer.

You can ask for refundable rates from Next but time and again I'm disappointed with Next.  If you see a good price you like book it through an agency now before sailing. 

If you luck out and see a good price from Next while on board that's great, you can transfer it to an agency after booking.  

While on board you can access the Royal website for free.  Research before going to Next.