How would you take this?

I'm currently on the Oasis of the Seas for the holidays and when returning to the room we found this. My reaction? Laughter.  Then, we heard some really "not so nice" comments on the ship especially coming from those in Grand Suites and above who visited Guest Services and expressed their, shall we say, concerns? Is it a slap in the face for those who paid thousands of dollars for those big suites & perks OR tis the season for good gesture? And so, as Tiny Tim said, "A Merry Christmas to us all; God bless us, every one!" You be the judge!!

Perhaps some of the people in suites think enjoyment of the cruise is a zero sum game....and they can't have full enjoyment if the staff is sharing extras with people  ;).  I'm not like that.....then again....the concierge is always like "How come you don't come up to the lounge" when I am on board ship ? and I'm always like "ohh too busy" but the real reason is that it is often filled with people who complain about free bread on a cruise ?

I tell you what, I will gladly take their place, and promise that I will not complain one bit. I guess sometimes we all forget that sometimes it is not about "us" all the time and that it is the season for kindness, and giving to others.  I would have smiled and enjoyed it one bite at a time!  Wish I was on a cruise right now to be able to enjoy a slice myself!!!?

Wait, what?...people are seriously complaining that there was something given to non-suite guests for "free?" 

a) What has this world come to?

b) How would they know...much less care? I assume they had something of greater or equal value served to them up in Shangri-La

c) Seriously.....what?

18 hours ago, Auto said:

Wait, what?...people are seriously complaining that there was something given to non-suite guests for "free?" 

a) What has this world come to?

b) How would they know...much less care? I assume they had something of greater or equal value served to them up in Shangri-La

c) Seriously.....what?

I choose "d) all of the above."

18 hours ago, KLA said:

What makes me laugh is that the exact same people who are likely to make that complaint are the exact same ones who will complain about "entitled millennials" in the same breath. 

I thought you second line was going to read - “will be the first in the concierge lounge, linger over the food holding everyone else up, take as much as they can on a plate and leave half of it on the table as they leave”.  ?