Blog Ranking

VinceC

think you have Newbie rank until you've made around 50 posts. Then you get rank 2 (I forget that's called) until around 250 or maybe 500 posts, at which point you hit the top rank (Master?).

Any unusual titles you see, like "Oasis Class Denier", "Stubborn Canadian Scorpio", "Kraken Absconder", "Grandeur Poobah", or "Wants to be the Next Michael Poole" are all honorary titles given by @Matt to frequent posters who've become well known here. (and got on his very good side ?

5 hours ago, JLMoran said:

think you have Newbie rank until you've made around 50 posts. Then you get rank 2 (I forget that's called) until around 250 or maybe 500 posts, at which point you hit the top rank (Master?).

??@JLMoran did you just make that all up?! 

Honestly, I think it might just be Newbie and Advance Member.  There definitely isn't a "Master"...I'm still laughing!  I even checked @WAAAYTOOO's and @tiny260's ranking to make sure.

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Not intentionally. But I’ll be the first to admit that my memory is often as secure as a steel sieve. ? And seeing as it’s now after Christmas dinner and I’ve had a few glasses of wine, I’ll have to chalk it up to lousy memory.

20 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Honestly, I think it might just be Newbie and Advance Member.  There definitely isn't a "Master"...I'm still laughing!  I even checked @WAAAYTOOO's and @tiny260's ranking to make sure.

As the Grandeur Poo-Bah, I can honestly say, @JLMoran did NOT make that up ....

2 hours ago, bhageerah said:

Oh how I would love to be a Diamond with the Crown and Anchor!  Currently we are at Platinum and with our cruise in March we will be at Emerald. Hopefully we will be breaking the Diamond level by the end of the year.  We will both be doing cartwheels at that point!  

I’m at the same place as you. I’m a lowly Platinum and will be Emerald after our Alaska cruise in July 

• 7 months later...
7 minutes ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

@Matt...just a friendly reminder.??

Matt's made it possible for everyone to change their moniker now. Click on your name next to your picture at the top of any page, and click "Profile" in the menu that comes up. When it loads, click the Edit Profile link inside the banner graphic, then edit the Member Title field under Basic Info at the top of the form.

2 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Matt's made it possible for everyone to change their moniker now. Click on your name next to your picture at the top of any page, and click "Profile" in the menu that comes up. When it loads, click the Edit Profile link inside the banner graphic, then edit the Member Title field under Basic Info at the top of the form.

Excellent. I'll now spend a year trying to think of one. ?

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I'm thinking maybe yours is that way since it was already custom! I don't see this option under Basic Info for regular-ol' users. 

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

You have to have a certain amount of posts, although I cant locate where that setting is now.

@Matt  That sounds like a logical setup.  Maybe when users hit Pinnacle would make sense.  Let us know if you ever find that setting...