Christmas Cruise

Al Horner

As we run around trying to get everything ready for a Christmas Eve family get-together, I took a moment to look at the Cruise Port of Miami video cam and I saw 4-5 cruise ships all lined up on Christmas Eve Day. I wonder what it's like to take a Christmas cruise? Is it less hectic? How's the food for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? I imagine they must decorate the ship nicely. I've still got 144 days until my cruise. I think, I could be talked into a holiday cruise - next year?

We did a Christmas cruise last year, I have to say that I was a little worried about the same things that you are concerned over.  I have to say that I would GLADLY take another!  We did a four day to Nassau, and of course CocoCay and back.  On Christmas day they had a special dinner, and the menu DEFINITELY was not the typical menu, food was better and absolutely amazing! I have to say that the Christmas spirit was alive and well, I was actually impressed with everything that happened on that ship!  I can tell you that we will do another and the only thing holding us back from booking another is the wife is about to start a new job and we are unsure of how her vacation picks will be for the next year or so.   We were on Majesty and it was just about sold out, even though it was packed it was not rushed, and it was very well done.  I can assure you that once we find out how things work we will be booking another!  The food on Christmas Eve wasn't any different than any other day at sea, but as stated the day of it was amazing!  If you are on the fence I would highly suggest that you get off the fence and start booking!!?

We are having a great time on Grandeur. Today is Tuesday, we left on Saturday (4 days ago) and we still haven’t gotten to our first port yet !  Tomorrow we hit St Croix. Everything but the internet has been great. They rebooted something this morning and the internet is a bit better but it’s still very slow.  We’re on our way to Chops for lunch. We’ll be at Chops again for dinner tonite.

I hit a straight flush in UTH last night so I am ++$$$. Yippee !!!

Merry Christmas to everyone !

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

We are having a great time on Grandeur. Today is Tuesday, we left on Saturday (4 days ago) and we still haven’t gotten to our first port yet !  Tomorrow we hit St Croix. Everything but the internet has been great. They rebooted something this morning and the internet is a bit better but it’s still very slow.  We’re on our way to Chops for lunch. We’ll be at Chops again for dinner tonite.

I hit a straight flush in UTH last night so I am ++$$$. Yippee !!!

Merry Christmas to everyone !

It’s good to be the king!!!! Enjoy and Merry Christmas!!!!