Chef's Table start time

melmar02

Think ours started at 6:30, although it could have been 6.  Regardless, I know it wasn't 7.  I know that we arrived right on time and were the last of the parties there and they brought us right in when we showed up.  I believe the times should show up in the Cruise Planner if you select Chef's Table.

There's got to be a teenaged passenger somewhere on that ship that babysits in their spare time.  Find one and pay them handsomely for that 30 - 60 mins, it's totally worth it!

11 hours ago, JLMoran said:

When I did Chef's Table, it started at 6 PM. I don't know if they ever start later, but I doubt it as the meal typically goes for nearly 3 hours.

Pinging @ellcee and @Broons77, who did CT on Anthem and might have had a slightly different start time (maybe 6:30?)

I wanna say 6:30. Maybe it's different on each ship?

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, JasonL said:

Are you wanting to do it on night 1, because that is the only day it opens at 7pm? Every other day adventure ocean will take your kids from morning till night.

AO is not open morning to night as there are 2 hour breaks typically on sea days.  Night 1, AO tends to open at 8 pm.  Sea day hours tend to be 9am-12, 2-5  pm and 7-10pm for free and extra cost for late night 10pm-2am.  Port hours are usually 9am-5 pm (could be slightly earlier or later depending on port hours) and 7-10pm plus late night.  

8 minutes ago, melski94 said:

AO is not open morning to night as there are 2 hour breaks typically on sea days.  Night 1, AO tends to open at 8 pm.  Sea day hours tend to be 9am-12, 2-5  pm and 7-10pm for free and extra cost for late night 10pm-2am.  Port hours are usually 9am-5 pm (could be slightly earlier or later depending on port hours) and 7-10pm plus late night.  

Oh ok, that's good to know, it must be different depending on the ships? Our last trip on allure, there wasn't breaks

19 hours ago, JasonL said:

Oh ok, that's good to know, it must be different depending on the ships? Our last trip on allure, there wasn't breaks

I thought the program was standard but I've never been on Allure.  All the other ships I've been on have had those hours and here one of Matt's blog post about AO: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/09/25/six-things-know-about-royal-caribbeans-adventure-ocean

8 hours ago, melski94 said:

I thought the program was standard but I've never been on Allure.  All the other ships I've been on have had those hours and here one of Matt's blog post about AO: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/09/25/six-things-know-about-royal-caribbeans-adventure-ocean

I'm glad we are having this discussion so I can set my expectations correctly, because we may have been under an old system. I don't know if it was a thing only for Allure at the time or what. Here's what we experienced though. The afternoon session ended at 5, but they allowed us to re-sign them in for adventure ocean for dinner. They would take the kids through the windjammer (1 teacher for every 5 kids) and eat together there, then head back to adventure ocean after that. This was the case for my 2 girls ages 6 & 10. Furthermore the nursery allowed us to do the same for our toddler. At sign in they asked what he would like for dinner(same answer every night... chicken nuggets and apples). Someone would pick it up and deliver it to the nursery for the children there. We used this system every night for our toddler and only a couple times with our girls as they ate at the MDR sometimes.

I know I've seen advertisements now for kids eating with parents for the first 45 minutes at the mdr and then getting picked up by adventure ocean staff. something like that? It certainly is worth an ask though when you get on board to see what they currently offer. I know I will because eating fancy dinner with a toddler is not always my favorite. I'm interested to hear anyone else's feedback on this.

So actually, it's all coming back now. They were closed from 5-7 SO THAT they could take the kids that were there for dinner to the windjammer. If you brought your kids at 5:15... no adventure ocean until 7. You had to have them there by 5pm so your kids can eat with adventure ocean. Again though, not sure if they still do this.