Barbados

Jason

We'll be in port from 8-5 in June 2019. Any suggestions are much appreciated for excursions to book or other places to see. We've considered Harrison's Cave excursion, Atlantis Submarine excursion, The Boatyard, or Mount Gay Rum Distillery Tour. Will we have time to do 2 of these if possible?

Thanks in advance!

We were just in Barbados and did the Flavors of Barbados and Island Drive excursion thru RCCL.   We had a great tour of part of the island, visited St, John's Church - very historic and lots of very old graves.  The next stop took us to a plantation where we toured then learned about some of the local alcohol and foods.  We got recipes, samples, and had a good time.  The description was not exactly what we ended up doing - I thought we were supposed to go to Foresquare Distillery but we did not.

We had originally booked a different excursion that was going to Mt. Gay and a few other stops.  One was supposed to be a famous boardwalk but we received an email saying they were taking us to a shopping mall instead of the boardwalk.  So we cancelled it for this other one.

One thing to note that I wish we knew.  When coming back to the ship, we decided to stop and have a couple beers and a snack at a small place right outside the cruise terminal.  Inside we wanted to stop at the liquor store and buy a local product but it was only around 4 and all aboard was 7:30...so let's stop and relax, then grab the bottle on the way back to the ship.  Well...every store but one closed at 5pm.  So we missed it.  And that particular product is not available in the US...so we left empty handed.  So don't assume just because there is a ship in port the cruise terminal stores will stay open.  They will not. 

We had a great time on our Good Times catamaran tour (3rd Party Tour)

They picked us up from the port and brought us to the catamaran for one of the most pleasant afternoons I've ever had on a cruise. We snorkeled in two different spots (one with turtles!) and they brought lunch from a local restaurant on board and it was amazing (fish of the day, chicken, a couple different kinds of salads). Unlimited drinks (Banks beer, rum punch, sodas, etc) and snacks while relaxing and watching the flying fish hop out of the water.  I'll be happy to pass on more information if you're interested! 

On 12/21/2018 at 3:29 AM, Ray said:

We did the Atlantis Submarine excursion.

Went down to 144ft, round reefs and shipwreck, for me was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to do this, and being a bucket list item was worth every penny. 

2hrs out of your day so plenty of time to do other things such as private taxi tour 

Sounds like a great excursion to experience.

On 12/29/2018 at 11:51 PM, JasonL said:

Barbados has such perfect white powder sand beaches. I've only done The Boatyard, but we absolutely loved it. The beach is deep and the sand perfect. They have water toys to play on and a rope swing off the pier. Volleyball nets, music ect...  For a beach day we loved it.

We decided on The Boatyard when we are in Barbados.  It looks like a boat tour to a shipwreck and snorkeling with turtles are included too.  Can't wait!!