Are Alaska cruises usually pricy (2019)?

Sergio

We've done five cruises (4 RCC) in the Caribbean: west, east and south; But now we're looking for Alaska 2019 and the inside cabins are more than the balconies we've had in all of our previous cruises. Is this "normal price" for Alaska?I

I was thinking "ok, interiores in the Ovation are all virtual balcony" but Expedia has a +$500ish for interior rooms with virtual balcony!

Do you think these prices are because the ships they have for 2019?

22 minutes ago, Sergio said:

We've done five cruises (4 RCC) in the Caribbean: west, east and south; But now we're looking for Alaska 2019 and the inside cabins are more than the balconies we've had in all of our previous cruises. Is this "normal price" for Alaska?I

I was thinking "ok, interiores in the Ovation are all virtual balcony" but Expedia has a +$500ish for interior rooms with virtual balcony!

Do you think these prices are because the ships they have for 2019?

Alaska is always more expensive than the Caribbean. If you want the best deal for an Alaskan cruise you need to book as soon as they release the Itineraries. I believe they just released the 2020 ones you should look at those if you want the best deal.

ABSOLUTELY!!  Alaska was the most expensive cruise EVER, but I will say that it was worth every cent.  Wait until you have booked your cruise and are able to access the cruise compass and are able to see the prices for shore excursions...... just make sure that you are sitting down!!!?  That being said, I knew that I was going to enjoy it but did not realize that I would enjoy it as much as I did and look forward to my next Alaskan cruise.  

10 hours ago, bhageerah said:

ABSOLUTELY!!  Alaska was the most expensive cruise EVER, but I will say that it was worth every cent.  Wait until you have booked your cruise and are able to access the cruise compass and are able to see the prices for shore excursions...... just make sure that you are sitting down!!!?  That being said, I knew that I was going to enjoy it but did not realize that I would enjoy it as much as I did and look forward to my next Alaskan cruise.  

We were on the Radiance in July this year for the Northbound (Vancouver to Seward) and a three day inland cruise tour with RCI.  It was by far our most expensive trip but it was by far our favorite trip EVER!  It was worth every penny and we are already saying we need to go back as there was still so much we want to see and do.  It was a bucket list for us and we were not disappointed.

Unlike most - our first cruise was to Alaska so when I learned that the others tended to be (alot!) less expensive it was only natural to start booking a cruise quarterly for the next year. I got word last night from my wife - "NO MORE CRUISES!". But hoping she changes her mind when we're on Brilliance next week so I can book another Caribbean for 1/4/2020.

On 12/20/2018 at 11:32 AM, KJ1231 said:

Unlike most - our first cruise was to Alaska so when I learned that the others tended to be (alot!) less expensive it was only natural to start booking a cruise quarterly for the next year. I got word last night from my wife - "NO MORE CRUISES!". But hoping she changes her mind when we're on Brilliance next week so I can book another Caribbean for 1/4/2020.

No more cruises!!!!?? That is absolute torture!  We have one booked for March, we normally take two per year, and having to wait so long between cruises is absolutely killing me! I don't know what I would do if wifey said no more!  And good luck!  Let us know if she changed her mind!!!