Fort Lauderdale Transportation

Christie

We will be flying in for our cruise the day before in December and staying at the W Fort Lauderdale.  

We will need transportation to the hotel, from the hotel to the cruise terminal, and then from the cruise back to the airport.  

We have 5 adults and 1 infant.  We aren't planning on bringing a car seat with us.  Her car seat would take up most of our stateroom  :P  We are open to the idea of taking 2 vehicles if needed.

What are our options?  

I know some uber cars have car seats (referred to as Uber Family).  Does anybody know if Uber Family operates in Fort Lauderdale?

Alternatively, would RC store her car seat for us for the duration of the cruise?

I'm not certain RC will store your car seat, so let's assume that is not an option.

I'll be honest, we never bring a car seat on these sorts of trips.  For taxi rides, we hold our daughter unless we can request a car seat without being gauged for it.  

You could also call the Fort Lauderdale taxis, Yellow Cab, and make a request: http://yellowcabbroward.com/

We got a hotel in February that includes a pick up from the airport and a ride to the cruise terminal in the morning. I believe many hotels offer this. I haven't been yet so I can't speak from experience but I would think there should be some shuttle options.

I have cruised extensively with a car seat and while I don't have experience with Royal while using a car seat, I do know that my room steward on other lines has always been able to find a place to store the car seat for us.  Remember that they have a lot of space to sort your luggage the night before departure, so they can find space. :)

With that many people travelling, it would be wise to book a hotel that has a air/cruise package or option for shuttle included. Otherwise you will need either 2 cabs each way or to pay for a shuttle for 5-6 people each way will add up quickly. Adding potentially a few hundred dollars to the total cost!

The W does not have transfers, and we are ok with that.  We could have stayed somewhere cheaper, but it's our Christmas trip :-)

Good to know that Uber can't operate in Fort Lauderdale now, so we are looking at cab or maybe even a private transfer.  I didn't know if cab drivers would let you hold your baby or not.  

Maybe we will call RC and ask about storing the car seat.  That would be the easiest solution and we could use it on the plane too 

We will be flying in for our cruise the day before in December and staying at the W Fort Lauderdale.  

We will need transportation to the hotel, from the hotel to the cruise terminal, and then from the cruise back to the airport.  

We have 5 adults and 1 infant.  We aren't planning on bringing a car seat with us.  Her car seat would take up most of our stateroom  :P  We are open to the idea of taking 2 vehicles if needed.

What are our options?  

I know some uber cars have car seats (referred to as Uber Family).  Does anybody know if Uber Family operates in Fort Lauderdale?

Alternatively, would RC store her car seat for us for the duration of the cruise?

I have a perfect answer for you...backed by my recent stay before Independence. 

I cruised out of FLL in early August and had an excellent experience with Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, located at 1500 SE 17th St. Fort Lauderdale. It is located really close to a Walgreens as well, so we went there to get some additional supplies we couldn't fly with. 

They have a free shuttle that picks up at the airport every 30 minutes. 

The rooms were nice, not fancy at all, but fine, and offered free wifi as well.

The complementary breakfast was excellent, they had a ton of offerings and was a great meal to have before the cruise.

The hotel partners with a 3rd party company that picks you up at the hotel and drops you off at the cruise. The price was $8 per person each way. You could also get a taxi. the hotel is about a 10 minute drive to the port. We ended up buying transportation to the cruise, and from the cruise to the airport on disembarkation day. *Make sure to sign up yourself on the list for the bus when you check into the hotel.* 

All in all, it was a great service and I would highly recommend doing this. Enjoy your cruise!!