Navigator Check In

tdcackler

OK - we are set to sail on the AMP'ed Navigator on her first voyage after dry dock in February. Since we are less than 90 days out, I did all the online check in information. I know that some features are ship and/or terminal specific, but I didn't see a spot to take a picture or scan our passports or such. Is this option just not available to us for this sailing or is it something that becomes available closer to departure date? Doesn't matter, but with two 9 year old boys (and a dad who acts like one sometimes), streamlining check in would be great.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, tdcackler said:

OK - we are set to sail on the AMP'ed Navigator on her first voyage after dry dock in February. Since we are less than 90 days out, I did all the online check in information. I know that some features are ship and/or terminal specific, but I didn't see a spot to take a picture or scan our passports or such. Is this option just not available to us for this sailing or is it something that becomes available closer to departure date? Doesn't matter, but with two 9 year old boys (and a dad who acts like one sometimes), streamlining check in would be great.

Thanks!

Pictures weren't an option for our sailing in late Nov.  this year.

We were on NAV over Thanksgiving and they did not have the early photo scan option then...my guess is they still don't have that feature for NAV.  I think that option is just getting started on the largest ships.  It may or may not ever make it down to the Voyager Class.

Royal Caribbean does not pre-scan passports anywhere, that I am aware of.  They will scan you PP when you get to the port.

Enjoy Navigator.  She's a great ship !

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I think that option is just getting started on the largest ships.  It may or may not ever make it down to the Voyager Class.

As @WAAAYTOOO , as far as I know, the picture upload is on some of the O class and maybe the Q class. I have done this for Allure and Harmony, I don't sail on Anthem until next year so have not actually checked in yet.

That I know of Royal does not scan your passport, you enter that information during check in and they only verify that the information is correct at the terminal.