Coco Cay hidden treasures/tips

dbixler

Just returned from the 4 day Bahamas itinerary on Enchantment which included Coco Cay.  After reading Matt's post about the wedding he attended there I decided to trek out and find the site.  I did indeed find the site which is beautiful as well as a few other nice places I thought I would share.  Site A (sorry, couldn't recall which circle it was at) is a beautifully remote tiny piece of beach which had several chairs and two thatch umbrellas.  NOBODY was there!  Site B was just a nice view from the West end.  To get to these places you will want to follow the nature trail out toward the West end of the island.  I marked this with white arrows.  To get back to the main activities portion of the island follow the vehicle path which I marked with blue dots.  It is a pretty good walk so be sure to have water with you.  I made it to the West end of the island in about 30 minutes at a nice calm pace.  Also, be sure someone knows where you are going or better yet take a partner. If you want to see Iguanas go to the area around the small bridge near the tenders.  Look up into the branches or on the embankment along the water.  Oh, by the way, enjoy the shells you find and take pictures.  You cannot take them back with you.  When they x-ray your bags prior to getting back on the tenders they will politely ask you for shells.  Didn't know this one but I do now.

Dan and Monika

Riverview, FL

post-717-0-46431400-1440451134_thumb.jpg

post-717-0-95476600-1440451144_thumb.jpg

post-717-0-40672300-1440451151_thumb.jpg

post-717-0-78036900-1440451155_thumb.jpg

Great report.  I'm not sure how the weather was for you, but if I tried walking that distance to B or C, I'd have died from heat exhaustion.  It was HOT!

Thanks Matt.  It was a hot day for sure.  Plenty of sun and few clouds.  The shade of the nature trail helped a bit and the breerze in the open areas was very nice.  I was quitew thirsty when I got back because I dodn't have my water.  Those Coco-Locos went down really well!