Where will Quantum 5 be positioned in 2020?

with the steady release of the 2020 itinerys being released it has got me wondering where quantum 5 will be? Europe could be on option but Southampton Uk will already have Explorer and Anthem.

NY will have adventure and oasis. im struggling to see whereit could be headed? middle east? asia? australia? 

4 hours ago, J_Keeble said:

NY will have adventure and oasis. im struggling to see whereit could be headed? middle east? asia? australia? 

I Think In The Carribbean. I Don't Think They Would Put It In The Asia/Australia Market Because That's Almost All The Quantum Class In The Asia/Australia Market. Only One Ship Is Here In The North America Market Plus A Part Time Ship Doing Alaska Market. 

Asia... like Spectrum it will be designed more towards an Asian crowd. Quantum will move to Australia and join Ovation, one to be homeported in Sydney and the other in Melbourne to compete against other cruise lines who are homeporting ships there from 2020/2021. Look out for RCI's first ever cruise to Antarctica! It will then service Alaska as it does now in the Australia off season.

PS - I completely made all that up but it's worth a guess!

13 hours ago, mattymay said:

Asia... like Spectrum it will be designed more towards an Asian crowd. Quantum will move to Australia and join Ovation, one to be homeported in Sydney and the other in Melbourne to compete against other cruise lines who are homeporting ships there from 2020/2021. Look out for RCI's first ever cruise to Antarctica! It will then service Alaska as it does now in the Australia off season.

PS - I completely made all that up but it's worth a guess!

Quite an interesting theory!  Of course, many other cruise lines are moving ships away from China, and I think Quantum class is way too big Antarctica.  But it's certainly an interesting idea.

I think if the larger RCL corporation wants to do Antarctica, they would probably built a very small ship, and leverage Celebrity, a la their Galapagos ships.  

On 12/16/2018 at 4:05 PM, karl_nj said:

Quite an interesting theory!  Of course, many other cruise lines are moving ships away from China, and I think Quantum class is way too big Antarctica.  But it's certainly an interesting idea.

I think if the larger RCL corporation wants to do Antarctica, they would probably built a very small ship, and leverage Celebrity, a la their Galapagos ships.  

Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD. already does Antartica with Azamara and Silversea.