Taking a non relative minor with us

To be on the safe side I would have a notarized letter from the parents stating you have permission to take the 15 yr old out of the country.  I would have his certified birth certificate and a picture ID if you can get your hands on one where he is from.  A government issued picture ID would be a big plus.  Good luck.....Mike

We have taken our grandchildren before and are taking two more this summer. We were required to get a notarized letter signed by one parent giving us permission to take the child(ren), stating the date, ship and itinerary as well as permission to sign waivers for ship activities which require waivers (e.g. rock climbing) and permission to obtain medical care in the event that would be necessary. If you are going on a cruise where a passport is required, he/she should also bring the passport or at least a certified birth certificate and picture ID. Enjoy the cruise!

@LandstromCruise , the form that @mworkman , provided is the same form I used this summer for my Grandson, he was 11 at the time and also had his passport. You have to have some document giving permission for the minor to travel with you, otherwise they cannot board the ship. Mine was signed by both parents and notarized (No custody issues).

When you get to check in, go ahead and have a copy made for the agent, just saves time with them having to leave and go make a copy. One mistake I made was that I thought the notarized copy was for them and the copy copy was for me, it was the other way around.

We never took the copy with us on shore excursions, only his passport.

One place I probably should have had it out was on disembarkation day to show to the customs agent, but he was really nice and asked my Grandson if he knew who we were (He had to say it), and if everything was alright and if everything wasn't alright he knew he could say something (Basically Safe place protocol), he had to verbally acknowledge these things. Hind site, if I had the letter out he probably wouldn't have asked. This was at Galveston from cruising on Liberty

No status as far as C&A is concerned, we were in a Grand Suite, so he had the gold card and I had purchased the refreshment package for him, so that was on there.

We never went to the Diamond lounge so I don't know if he could have gotten in.

I'll look when I get home and see if I kept his sea pass card. We did sign him up for a C&A number on board.

We hit Diamond with our next cruise and since we have 2 rooms , one in my name and the other in wife's name due to both girls being 17.  Wondered if they would get matched with Diamond Status based on being on the same room reservation..as our plan has been to put them both in their own room next door to us once we get on board and can fix the sea pass cards that way.

1 minute ago, tiny260 said:

Pinging @Lovetocruise2002 , my understanding is that a persons children get matched to the adult, something about the mailing address/living address. I'm not sure about Grandchildren.

Are you referring to children or grandchildren?

Not in particular..one of the young ladies is our niece, just wondered if they did match the status..I was thinking if they did, since being on the same room reservation..they would have access to the free drinks...LOL don't believe this will be a problem, however i don't know the other young lady..i don't get the vibe....but hey we were all young at one time or another...?

58 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Pinging @Lovetocruise2002 , my understanding is that a persons children get matched to the adult, something about the mailing address/living address. I'm not sure about Grandchildren.

Are you referring to children or grandchildren?

49 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Not in particular..one of the young ladies is our niece, just wondered if they did match the status..I was thinking if they did, since being on the same room reservation..they would have access to the free drinks...LOL don't believe this will be a problem, however i don't know the other young lady..i don't get the vibe....but hey we were all young at one time or another...?

If we are only talking about the Diamond benefits, then no, the benefits would not extend to them.  Only spouses, children under 18, and significant others (sharing the same address) get C&A benefits extended to them.  If you are staying in suites, everyone will get suite benefits (relative or not) but not C&A benefits.  Hope that makes sense.