Victoria, British Columbia whale tours

JBC1

Really looking forward to our Alaska cruise in May 2019 OOS. A quick question, the ship docks at 9am in Victoria, the whale excursion I want to do leaves at 10.30 am and is approx 10 mins away via taxi, is this feasible or not. Thanks for any answers given.

PS- Will will be travelling Star Class, so hoping this may give us priority disembarkation. 

john

I would say absolutely!  We were not star class and made it off the ship in no time once we were docked.  Unless the boat is delayed in docking an  hour and a half should not be any issue whatsoever! Once the boat was docked we were off the ship in less than 20 minutes, and the ship was practically full, there was a small line getting off the ship but that was about it! 

22 minutes ago, bhageerah said:

I would say absolutely!  We were not star class and made it off the ship in no time once we were docked.  Unless the boat is delayed in docking an  hour and a half should not be any issue whatsoever! Once the boat was docked we were off the ship in less than 20 minutes, and the ship was practically full, there was a small line getting off the ship but that was about it! 

Many thanks for the info.

John?

If you are booking privately, my opinion is that Prince of Whales is the company to go with for Victoria Whale Watching!  I grew up in Victoria and gone with them few times and it was always good!  Also it's super easy to cab from the ship to downtown.  When we were there this summer the cabs were charging $10 flat fee from ship to town.  

I live in Victoria.  It is very close from the cruise ship terminal to the whale watching companies.  When you search the various companies, you should look at the type of boat they use - ie is it an open Zodiac style or a larger enclosed boat that you prefer.  They all share the same information regarding where the whales have been sighted that day.  I'm sure you will have a great time on the water.

3 hours ago, Ron Max said:

I live in Victoria.  It is very close from the cruise ship terminal to the whale watching companies.  When you search the various companies, you should look at the type of boat they use - ie is it an open Zodiac style or a larger enclosed boat that you prefer.  They all share the same information regarding where the whales have been sighted that day.  I'm sure you will have a great time on the water.

Another valuable info there Ron.