Suite perks on LOS

LToman

Hi all, 

We are planning to sail on Liberty in an owners suite. Does anybody know if there is early embarking and disembarking?  Also is there a dedicated restaurant for breakfast that is not buffet? Finally is there a dedicated pool deck or area? Any other perks I’m not aware of? TIA

You will have priority embarkation and, assuming you arrive early enough that boarding hasn’t yet started, you will be in the first group to board along with Pinnacle status members of Crown & Anchor. You also have a dedicated security line in some ports, along with a dedicated checkin line for suite guests only, to make getting ready to board quicker.

For disembarkation, you will get the first group after self-disembarkation, and your luggage tags will be a different color than non-Suite guests.

11 hours ago, LToman said:

We are planning to sail on Liberty in an owners suite. Does anybody know if there is early embarking and disembarking?  Also is there a dedicated restaurant for breakfast that is not buffet? Finally is there a dedicated pool deck or area? Any other perks I’m not aware of? TIA

We've only sailed on Liberty out of Galveston a couple of times and never managed to get there prior to embarkation starting so I have no information regarding special waiting lounges, etc.  There is a separate check-in line for Suites/Pinnacles.  I cannot recall whether there is a separate security line for suites or not.  I recall embarkation as being fine.

Disembarkation, however, is a different story.  The Suites Concierge had us meet at Vintages, I believe (somewhere along the Promenade).  When the magic time arrived, we were ushered out a side "secret" door directly into the back of the same disembark line that everyone else was using.  Absolutely -0- zero advantage, IMO.  Also, when "others" saw the secret door opening and the suite guests leaving through it, there was nothing to prevent anyone who wanted to, from joining in our little merry band, so quickly there were dozens of non-suite people jamming their way into our group.  Then to add insult to injury, when we finally made it to the suites luggage area, our biggest piece of luggage was not there.  They never did find it.  First lost luggage ever for us.  Big PITA.  So embarkation at Galveston is not a happy memory for me...

They do have a suites breakfast at either Chops or Giovanni's - can't remember which it is on Liberty.  Very nice and much better than the MDR or WJ. Aside from the suite itself, this is my favorite suites perk.  The next best suites perk (on the non-O class ships) is being able to have the food from the MDR delivered to your suite.  In other words, you do NOT have to order from the "Room Service" menu - you can order anything that is on the menu from the MDR and there is no charge (you may only order room service from the MDR menu during normal MDR operating hours).  The NICE part of being in an OS is that you will have dining tables/chairs in the room and out on the balcony so you can choose to have your meals either place and the tables are big enough to comfortably enjoy your food.  This is one thing the OS has over the GS...that and the separate shower/whirlpool bath AND the bidet, which we loved.

The OS on the Freedom Class ships is HUGE !  We had an OS on LIB on our last <infamous> cruise and we fell absolutely in love with the OS.  We had an OS on NAV last month and it is much smaller and less comfortable (especially the bathroom) on the Voyage class than on the Freedom class.  I think you will enjoy the OS on LIB very much.  I do, however, have to recommend that you carry your own luggage off, even if you use their <useless> priority disembark.  I will never trust my luggage to the ship's porters again. EVER. On ANY ship.

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We've only sailed on Liberty out of Galveston a couple of times and never managed to get there prior to embarkation starting so I have no information regarding special waiting lounges, etc.  There is a separate check-in line for Suites/Pinnacles.  I cannot recall whether there is a separate security line for suites or not.  I recall embarkation as being fine.

Disembarkation, however, is a different story.  The Suites Concierge had us meet at Vintages, I believe (somewhere along the Promenade).  When the magic time arrived, we were ushered out a side "secret" door directly into the back of the same disembark line that everyone else was using.  Absolutely -0- zero advantage, IMO.  Also, when "others" saw the secret door opening and the suite guests leaving through it, there was nothing to prevent anyone who wanted to, from joining in our little merry band, so quickly there were dozens of non-suite people jamming their way into our group.  Then to add insult to injury, when we finally made it to the suites luggage area, our biggest piece of luggage was not there.  They never did find it.  First lost luggage ever for us.  Big PITA.  So embarkation at Galveston is not a happy memory for me...

They do have a suites breakfast at either Chops or Giovanni's - can't remember which it is on Liberty.  Very nice and much better than the MDR or WJ. Aside from the suite itself, this is my favorite suites perk.  The next best suites perk (on the non-O class ships) is being able to have the food from the MDR delivered to your suite.  In other words, you do NOT have to order from the "Room Service" menu - you can order anything that is on the menu from the MDR and there is no charge (you may only order room service from the MDR menu during normal MDR operating hours).  The NICE part of being in an OS is that you will have dining tables/chairs in the room and out on the balcony so you can choose to have your meals either place and the tables are big enough to comfortably enjoy your food.  This is one thing the OS has over the GS...that and the separate shower/whirlpool bath AND the bidet, which we loved.

The OS on the Freedom Class ships is HUGE !  We had an OS on LIB on our last <infamous> cruise and we fell absolutely in love with the OS.  We had an OS on NAV last month and it is much smaller and less comfortable (especially the bathroom) on the Voyage class than on the Freedom class.  I think you will enjoy the OS on LIB very much.  I do, however, have to recommend that you carry your own luggage off, even if you use their <useless> priority disembark.  I will never trust my luggage to the ship's porters again. EVER. On ANY ship.

Is the Suites breakfast alacarte? We were on Allure and loved the Suites breakfast at Coastal kitchen. Hoping this perk is similar but in different location. Also how is the suites lounge? We love the OS as well! Love the table inside and outside too.

thank u for the info. 

11 minutes ago, LToman said:

Is the Suites breakfast alacarte? We were on Allure and loved the Suites breakfast at Coastal kitchen. Hoping this perk is similar but in different location. Also how is the suites lounge? We love the OS as well! Love the table inside and outside too.

thank u for the info. 

The Suites restaurants is Giovanni's, lunch and breakfast, it is no charge, so included in the perks, Suite lounge on Liberty is very nice, it is up 14 by Oliver and twist (Or what ever the name is) has one of the best views in the fleet, Diamond lounge is directly on  the other side.

For breakfast and lunch you can order off the menu (In Giovanni's) or you can go to Windjammer and get what you want and take it in and just use the seating, that way you are not fighting for a seat with everyone else in Windjammers, a lot of people did this on our last Liberty cruise.

Having been with other lines primarily beforehand (mostly NCL), we too wondered exactly the differences since we first sailed on RCL on Allure in an OS and our next two bookings for 2019 are on non-Oasis Class ships. Since we have to pay for VOOM for those two cruises, I started to really worry that we had made a major mistake with those bookings! In some emails to RCL with inquiries, they sent this link.  I found it helpful and you may too!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-suites-program

See you on the sea ??‍♀️

Lynn

7 hours ago, tiny260 said:

The Suites restaurants is Giovanni's, lunch and breakfast, it is no charge, so included in the perks, Suite lounge on Liberty is very nice, it is up 14 by Oliver and twist (Or what ever the name is) has one of the best views in the fleet, Diamond lounge is directly on  the other side.

For breakfast and lunch you can order off the menu (In Giovanni's) or you can go to Windjammer and get what you want and take it in and just use the seating, that way you are not fighting for a seat with everyone else in Windjammers, a lot of people did this on our last Liberty cruise.

Thanks for the information, that sounds like something we will take advantage of.