Which Ft. Lauderdale Hotel?

Cindy Leslie

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That's usually our choice too but OP wanted something at a lower price point that Embassy Suites on 17th St.  The times that we have stayed at the Hyatt, their price point has always been higher than Embassy.

I usually use valuetrips.com for Hyatt Place. Discounted prices.

Just now, jurrjurr said:

I'm planning to using that site to book our hotel for Nov 2019.  How reliable is their online form?  Do I have to call them to confirm the reservation? 

I've used it on multiple occasions and have never had any issues. It may take a little time to get a confirmation e-mail, but again, no problems on this end.

4 hours ago, jurrjurr said:

I'm planning to using that site to book our hotel for Nov 2019.  How reliable is their online form?  Do I have to call them to confirm the reservation? 

4 hours ago, Poleman88 said:

I've used it on multiple occasions and have never had any issues. It may take a little time to get a confirmation e-mail, but again, no problems on this end.

Same experience here.  It takes a while (a few weeks) to hear back from them so I would not wait till the last minute.  The times we booked using them, we were able to confirm directly with the hotel before their email ever came. They have a lot of black out dates for 2019 so check them over carefully.  That's why we are not using them in March because it's blacked out.

25 minutes ago, traveler1980 said:

This thread has been very helpful.  We are a family of four with two kids, ages 6 and 9.  Of the following which do you think would be best?  

Hilton FLB, Embassy Suites 17th, Hilton Marina

Thank you!  

The “best” but certainly not the cheapest is going to be Hilton FLB. You can take the kids to the beach across the street and utilize the hotels resort amenities.