Best snorkeling with 7 and 11 yo in Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Roatan

melmar02

I'm starting to plan excursions for our September cruise that will visit Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. We're bringing the kids with us on this time, and I think they would really enjoy snorkeling. In my initial planning, I was looking at an independent tour in Roatan that visits the monkey and sloth sanctuary, and chocolate and rum factories, hitting Maya Chan in Costa Maya, and maybe one of the beach clubs in Cozumel. The kids would love the animal sanctuary in Roatan, but I don't really have my heart set on any of them.

We can do our own beach snorkel at Maya Chan or Cozumel; however, I know snorkeling from a boat will be much better. Is there an excursion you would recommend for snorkeling with youngish kids at these ports?

Thanks!

My family (youngest was 5 at the time) did a snorkeling tour in Roatan through an independent operator and it was amazing.  Some of the best snorkeling we've experienced so would highly recommend it.  You can have some really good snorkeling off the West Bay beach in Roatan.  Maybe look into RCs private destinations program so you could get everything you want.

In Cozumel, we typically go to an all inclusive resort.  While you can snorkel off the beach, the snorkeling is very disappointing.  I haven't gone snorkeling off a boat there.