Roller Coaster on a cruise ship???

I don't like roller coasters so I definitely wouldn't ride it even though it does look like a pretty cool experience. It's not for me, but I could see it being a draw for a lot of people. My biggest question about it is the noise. I understand it is electric but there has to be some noise associated with the coaster itself and then the screaming. I can't imagine relaxing by the pool will be the same if you can hear the coaster and screams. Personally I think cruise lines should just stick to water slides. I don't think the go cart track on the Bliss seems all that cool either. I find them both to be a waste of valuable top deck space on a cruise ship that should be primarily devoted to pools. I definitely prefer the direction that Royal Caribbean is going, but what else is new.

1 hour ago, cruiselife said:

I don't like roller coasters so I definitely wouldn't ride it even though it does look like a pretty cool experience. It's not for me, but I could see it being a draw for a lot of people. My biggest question about it is the noise. I understand it is electric but there has to be some noise associated with the coaster itself and then the screaming. I can't imagine relaxing by the pool will be the same if you can hear the coaster and screams. Personally I think cruise lines should just stick to water slides. I don't think the go cart track on the Bliss seems all that cool either. I find them both to be a waste of valuable top deck space on a cruise ship that should be primarily devoted to pools. I definitely prefer the direction that Royal Caribbean is going, but what else is new.

Do you mean like all the people on Harmony and Symphony who choose the boardwalk balcony and hear screaming down the Ultimate Abyss all day.  This isnt going to have a 200 foot drop so maybe its more of a cruiser coaster than a thrill coaster.

8 minutes ago, marti314 said:

Do you mean like all the people on Harmony and Symphony who choose the boardwalk balcony and hear screaming down the Ultimate Abyss all day.  This isnt going to have a 200 foot drop so maybe its more of a cruiser coaster than a thrill coaster.

Definitely a good point! But the location of the Abyss kind of works for that type of noise. It actually kind of promotes a Boardwalk like environment and there aren't areas that are supposed to be relaxing in that area. On the video of the coaster I saw it goes right over their aft pool which is one of the best spots to hang out on a Carnival ship. I couldn't see where they are planning to have their main pool, but it may go right over that as well. It will definitely be interesting to see in real life.

1 hour ago, Twangster Fan said:

The Roller Coaster/Pool Deck

globalclass_2.thumb.jpg.42df5c45beed9812ccd392279ce7a9cf.jpg

6 minutes ago, OrlandoC said:

Wow. It looks like an Oasis knockoff but that video says the capacity is 9500! No thank you. 

Saw the picture and thought the same thing. Oasis class Carnival edition.

41 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Saw the picture and thought the same thing. Oasis class Carnival edition.

I'll bet Carnival has been kicking themselves for the past decade or so after seeing Royal take their original plans and make the Oasis class ships such a huge success.  Many do not realize that the Oasis class design, in large part, was originally Carnival's design.

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I'll bet Carnival has been kicking themselves for the past decade or so after seeing Royal take their original plans and make the Oasis class ships such a huge success.  Many do not realize that the Oasis class design, in large part, was originally Carnival's design.

Comment reminded me of this video of a cancelled concept from Carnival:

16 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Carnival Cruise Project Pinnacle ...

https://youtu.be/lzKeVvfOqxA

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I have to chime in on this.

I love cruising.  

I love roller coasters.  

But sorry they don’t really go together for me.  

Cruising is for relaxing and roller coasters are for thrills.  A roller coaster doesn’t add to my cruise experience and limiting the scope of the coaster to fit on a cruise ship, probably makes it not very exciting.  Water slides and flo-rider rides sure but not coasters, keep the coasters at Cedar Point.