St. Kitts/Nevis & St. Thomas

Karahvacatimes

The dolphin interaction excursion in St. Kitts was fun, and the place did appear to be one where the staff do care about the dolphins quite a bit and the animals appeared to be well treated. For my wife, it was the fulfillment of a bucket list item she's had for a long time. It's expensive, especially if you want to get the pictures, but for my family at least it was worth every penny.

Do the "Secret Sands Beach Getaway" in ST. Thomas. Fantastic beach, great water and a nice grass covered sand bar about 50' off shore. Excellent for snorkeling, turtles, tropical fish and shallow (about 10'. Best part is the fellow "in charge" of the lounge chairs. His name is Kareem and he will provide you with a chair, drinks (rum punch, cold beer, soda, water) snacks and snorkeling gear. He is also a very good photographer with your smart phone. No charge for anything he provides for you, all he asks for is an appropriate tip. We've been to that beach twice and will definitely go back in the future. Oh yeah, plenty of shade and a bath house (very clean) that's a couple of years old. :27_sunglasses:

1 hour ago, rjac said:

Do the "Secret Sands Beach Getaway" in ST. Thomas. Fantastic beach, great water and a nice grass covered sand bar about 50' off shore. Excellent for snorkeling, turtles, tropical fish and shallow (about 10'. Best part is the fellow "in charge" of the lounge chairs. His name is Kareem and he will provide you with a chair, drinks (rum punch, cold beer, soda, water) snacks and snorkeling gear. He is also a very good photographer with your smart phone. No charge for anything he provides for you, all he asks for is an appropriate tip. We've been to that beach twice and will definitely go back in the future. Oh yeah, plenty of shade and a bath house (very clean) that's a couple of years old. :27_sunglasses:

I’m going on this in May and thrilled to hear that there is also snorkel gear you can borrow! 

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, rjac said:

Thanks for the info. We have this excursion booked on our Freedom of the Seas cruise in June 2019. We're really looking forward to it because I've read nothing but good things about this beach. Do you know if there are restrictions regarding flying drones over this beach / Ecological Park Reserve?

I'm not a beach guy so for St Kitts we booked the "Caribbean Scenic Railway Tour." It's a ride on a railway part way around the island completed by a bus tour the rest of the way. You can only book this through RCL (your cruise planner). As far as Caribbean shore excursions go, this is something a little different. It is highly recommended though we haven't done it yet. We go in May 2019.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Thanks for the info. We have this excursion booked on our Freedom of the Seas cruise in June 2019. We're really looking forward to it because I've read nothing but good things about this beach. Do you know if there are restrictions regarding flying drones over this beach / Ecological Park Reserve?

Sorry Jason, I don't know. Google  Lindqvist Beach or Smith Beach, St. Thomas (that's the name of the actual beach). You may find your answer. :27_sunglasses:

19 hours ago, kontraxed said:

I'm not a beach guy so for St Kitts we booked the "Caribbean Scenic Railway Tour." It's a ride on a railway part way around the island completed by a bus tour the rest of the way. You can only book this through RCL (your cruise planner). As far as Caribbean shore excursions go, this is something a little different. It is highly recommended though we haven't done it yet. We go in May 2019.

We're on this one next week.  Matt has reported that it's a little "slow" (meaning boring, I think) but I love trains so I'm goin' with it.

St Thomas: If you like to snorkel then Koki Beach or Sapphire beach but if you like swimming beach then Megan bay.

St Kitts: I went to the beach that has a volcanic sand mix with white sands really unusual beach. The water is really calm on the Caribbean side and it was the best beach break we have done. The name of the beach is South Friars Bay and the place we rent umbrellas and lounge chairs is it called Carambola Beach club. The place has beers in the bucket, mix drink, Sushi and the Whole Pizza. It also has a little area that you can snorkel. 

• 7 months later...
On 12/21/2018 at 9:53 AM, Susie said:

St Kitts: I went to the beach that has a volcanic sand mix with white sands really unusual beach. The water is really calm on the Caribbean side and it was the best beach break we have done. The name of the beach is South Friars Bay and the place we rent umbrellas and lounge chairs is it called Carambola Beach club. The place has beers in the bucket, mix drink, Sushi and the Whole Pizza. It also has a little area that you can snorkel. 

@Susie - We're going to spend a day at Carambola in a few weeks. Do you recall whether you can rent snorkel gear there, or should we bring our own? Any idea what the round trip taxi fare is per person? Thanks!

9 minutes ago, GoodAtStuffAndThings said:

@Susie - We're going to spend a day at Carambola in a few weeks. Do you recall whether you can rent snorkel gear there, or should we bring our own? Any idea what the round trip taxi fare is per person? Thanks!

we had our own snorkel Gear. I forgot about the taxi cost but it was really decent. We love that beach and the place.