Hi! A few friends and I just booked the 7 night Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on 3/17/2019.

I am wondering if anyone knows when RCCL will have a promo going on for the drink package? Apparently the price is increasing in 2019 and I don't think I am going to drink $63-$74 per day in alcohol lol.

I figured I won't get one or I will wait for a promo. Thank you in advance!

Honestly, just check your cruise planner once or twice a week (more if you're obsessive like many of us here ?) and see what the current price is. Sometimes the price drops randomly even when there's no specific "sale" going on at the moment. When you see a price you're comfortable with, grab it and then keep watching the price; if it drops even lower, you're free to cancel the original purchase and re-buy it at the lower price.

It seems that at least partly, the price offered depends on whatever sales goals Royal has for that sailing. So if they haven't sold as many packages as they'd like, they'll drop the price to goose sales a bit. You'll also most often find discounts around the major US holidays, so if you're not checking weekly then at least take a look during Christmas and New Years. Might also find something during the annual WAVE sale season in January / February.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 2:51 PM, julm1431 said:

Hi! A few friends and I just booked the 7 night Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on 3/17/2019.

I am wondering if anyone knows when RCCL will have a promo going on for the drink package? Apparently the price is increasing in 2019 and I don't think I am going to drink $63-$74 per day in alcohol lol.

I figured I won't get one or I will wait for a promo. Thank you in advance!

i would purchase it now at the lower price before it increases. and if i goes on sale then cancel and rebook. We havent seen any sales on teh deluxe package and we looked every week since August. No black friday or boxing week sales. Sales usually are on the onboard pricing so it doesn't affect you if you book ahead of time. 

2 hours ago, Cez said:

@JLMoran is right. Latest price for package on Allure end of January sailing is $ 41 ($55 CAD). No special sale or deals

So you are break even after  three drinks (not mentioning wine,  fresh juices, specialties coffees, pops, bottled water etc)

What date do you sail? I'm on the 1/27 cruise & I paid $42 which is what it currently is at.

19 hours ago, BTE said:

What date do you sail? I'm on the 1/27 cruise & I paid $42 which is what it currently is at.

Same sailing ?

I guess it is 42 US - my prices are shown in CAD and exchange rate suggest 41.

Nevertheless it's a great price and we might meet at the bar making our money's worth  ? ? 

1 hour ago, FloridaCruiseGirl1210 said:

I wish i would've grabbed it at the price on Black Friday. 

Right now it is $50/day for our 8-night Eastern on October 26 out of Ft. Lauderdale. Nearly $1k for both my BF and I 

You have a lot of time yet until your sailing date, so keep checking the Cruise Planner every week or every few days (especially going into major holidays / holiday weekends). Odds are you'll see it go down at least a little, and then you can cancel and re-purchase.

Just now, JLMoran said:

You have a lot of time yet until your sailing date, so keep checking the Cruise Planner every week or every few days (especially going into major holidays / holiday weekends). Odds are you'll see it go down at least a little, and then you can cancel and re-purchase.

@JLMoran That's what I am hoping for. I've got it scheduled to check 3 times a week (2 during the week and 1 on the weekend). 

56 minutes ago, Wilson said:

just curious. we go on the freedom january 20th to the ABC islands and have not seen it that low at all. and i check very frequently. 

today it is showing BOGO 50% off, but that must be on the onboard pricing as the price per adult is what i paid when it was not on sale. 

first time cruiser:) 

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2019 at 9:44 AM, chrissylee19 said:

just curious. we go on the freedom january 20th to the ABC islands and have not seen it that low at all. and i check very frequently. 

today it is showing BOGO 50% off, but that must be on the onboard pricing as the price per adult is what i paid when it was not on sale. 

first time cruiser:) 

Sorry I missed your post. Hope had a great cruise!