Fashion-Friendly Sea Pass Storage

ashleybee

Okay...when I say "fashion-friendly" I mean it. I've yet to find a convenient way to carry around my SeaPass that doesn't involve lanyards, pockets or wristlet purses. Does anybody have any clever ideas that won't ruin any of my outfits and doesn't require pockets?! 

Help a girl out!! ?

5 minutes ago, ashleybee said:

Okay...when I say "fashion-friendly" I mean it. I've yet to find a convenient way to carry around my SeaPass that doesn't involve lanyards, pockets or wristlet purses. Does anybody have any clever ideas that won't ruin any of my outfits and doesn't require pockets?! 

Help a girl out!! ?

How about just holding it in your hand?? That doesn't involve lanyards, pockets or wristlet purses. OR put it in your cellphone holder. You always have your cellphone with you.

I'm a guy, and fashion is hardly my strong suit. But if you have a smart phone, you could look into one of the various folio-style wallet cases that include a few slots for ID and credit cards. My daughter has one of those for her day-to-day and it works great. If a folio-style isn't your thing, there are other varieties that are just a regular case with a couple slots on the back, sometimes with a slide-over or hinged cover. They don't hold as much, but when you just need your Sea Pass card and nothing else while on board it can be a good option.

28 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I'm a guy, and fashion is hardly my strong suit. But if you have a smart phone, you could look into one of the various folio-style wallet cases that include a few slots for ID and credit cards. My daughter has one of those for her day-to-day and it works great. If a folio-style isn't your thing, there are other varieties that are just a regular case with a couple slots on the back, sometimes with a slide-over or hinged cover. They don't hold as much, but when you just need your Sea Pass card and nothing else while on board it can be a good option.

The problem with those is that it can deactivate your Sea Pass. 

Source: I've tried this one. 

48 minutes ago, ashleybee said:

Help a girl out!! ?

The best luck I've had is one of two options:

1) A slightly larger wristlet with two pockets: one to keep my phone in (as mentioned above, to keep my sea pass away from it), the other to keep sea pass, ID, folded cruise compass, and maybe some cash in. I have a great black nylon Kate Spade that I use for this purpose (bonus, it looks really nice on formal night and it's functional enough to toss in to a larger beach bag during the day)

2) A crossbody bag with a small wallet inside - then things are hands free, and you have a bit more space to carry random things you've picked up. 

Edit to add the wristlet: https://www.amazon.com/Kate-Spade-Wristlet-Polyester-Wallet/dp/B07BB45LTT/ 

8 minutes ago, KLA said:

The problem with those is that it can deactivate your Sea Pass. 

Source: I've tried this one. 

3 minutes ago, KLA said:

one to keep my phone in (as mentioned above, to keep my sea pass away from it)

Just now, Matt said:

I've used an adhesive phone wallet to store cards and it hasn't demagnetized the cards (yet) for me https://amzn.to/2C9Gnjv

Was just about to ask @KLA -- Does your phone case have a strong magnet on the back for mounting to a car mount or the like? The folio case my daughter uses has a small magnetic clasp to hold it closed, and she's never had a problem with her debit card or student ID card being demagnetized. As long as the case has nothing magnetic in it (and the single-piece wallet cases that just store the cards on the back, with no flip cover, should all be magnet-free), then there's no risk of the Sea Pass card getting wiped.

Also, if @ashleybee is sailing on a ship that uses NFC-based cards (Quantum class, Harmony, Symphony), there's no risk of the card getting wrecked at all. Those NFC radio chips don't get damaged by magnetic fields.