Southern Caribbean Cruises

mworkman

I found 3 listed here, although they are 11-12 nights. https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?dates_maxDate=12%2F31%2F2020&dates_minDate=11%2F01%2F2020&destinationRegionCode_CARIB=true&durationCode_12plus=true&durationCode_9to11=true

image.png.41124173d760eb6021d73cc89444bb77.png

The one we booked is on Adventure in May 2020, embarking in Ft. Lauderdale and disembarking in New Jersey. Great itinerary, IMO......5 ports and 6 sea days.

image.png.7c224bedb11f2dd2f08115ef277d79cc.png

Just now, mattymay said:

The cruises listed above are definitely showing on the UK site - maybe you need to reset the search filters?

No filters on, only open up dates and thats as far as it go's up to, even tried other sites such as cruise 1st and cruise118 and they are the same

2 minutes ago, Ray said:

No filters on, only open up dates and thats as far as it go's up to, even tried other sites such as cruise 1st and cruise118 and they are the same

Try this link:

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/search-results/?dest=carib&from=202011&to=202012&ship=any&country=any&port=any&len=any&offer=any&visitedport=any&holidayoffer=any

51dijjD.png

We are looking at a Southern Caribbean cruise on Freedom OTS leaving from San Juan.  We have been to San Juan a few times(port stops) and absolutely love it!  I was surprised to read negative reviews about leaving out of San Juan. I always take reviews with a grain of salt because some people find anything to complain about.  Any feedback about this would be appreciated??   

1 hour ago, VacationCrazy! said:

We are looking at a Southern Caribbean cruise on Freedom OTS leaving from San Juan.  We have been to San Juan a few times(port stops) and absolutely love it!  I was surprised to read negative reviews about leaving out of San Juan. I always take reviews with a grain of salt because some people find anything to complain about.  Any feedback about this would be appreciated??   

@Wilson  Is currently cruising Freedom OTS and can give you the latest info.

San Juan is one of our favorite ports to leave from. You are already in the warmth. The old town is great...

the only complaint I've ever had is one the taxi driver left us at the Celebrity ship when we were going on Royal Caribbean or maybe it was vice versa...

plus if you sail out of San Juan, you're helping that island recover from the hurricane.

we will be there in less than a month!

14 hours ago, VacationCrazy! said:

We loved cruising adventure out of San Juan.  It was my husband's first cruise and exploring Sam Juan the couple days before the cruise was amazing.  Loved El Morro and old San Juan.  We did cruise before the hurricane damage but I would definitely go back and looking forward to having San Juan as a port stop in March on allure.  Jane

10 hours ago, BeatArmy2010 said:

San Juan is one of our favorite ports to leave from. You are already in the warmth. The old town is great...

the only complaint I've ever had is one the taxi driver left us at the Celebrity ship when we were going on Royal Caribbean or maybe it was vice versa...

plus if you sail out of San Juan, you're helping that island recover from the hurricane.

we will be there in less than a month!

Thanks for the positive feedback!  Enjoy your trip!!

8 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

We loved cruising adventure out of San Juan.  It was my husband's first cruise and exploring Sam Juan the couple days before the cruise was amazing.  Loved El Morro and old San Juan.  We did cruise before the hurricane damage but I would definitely go back and looking forward to having San Juan as a port stop in March on allure.  Jane

We were there in August.  Old San Juan has recovered nicely from the hurricane.   I have a southern Caribbean cruise on hold for May, 2020.  It will be our 25th Anniversary cruise. We decided last night this is our trip!!  I will stop reading reviews.  Like I said some people find anything to complain about.  Enjoy your upcoming cruise.  

Thanks from one Jane to another!!

6 hours ago, VacationCrazy! said:

We were there in August.  Old San Juan has recovered nicely from the hurricane.   I have a southern Caribbean cruise on hold for May, 2020.  It will be our 25th Anniversary cruise. We decided last night this is our trip!!  I will stop reading reviews.  Like I said some people find anything to complain about.  Enjoy your upcoming cruise.  

We have cruised out of San Juan 2 times recently 2015 on Adventure and on Freedom in October, I have no complaints, I find the people and the island very refreshing. We will be stopping there in January as a port stop and i have no doubt we will have a great time. The people of Puerto Rico are very festive and lively, go with the flow.

We hired a driver to take us from the airport to the hotel in October, good to the companies word the driver was waiting by the baggage claim waiting for us, we had a very nice conversation about the island and the recovery from the hurricane, anyway our bags came and the driver didn't appear to want to help and I didn't hire a porter, so I'm a big strong guy, no problem, off to the car we go, as soon as we crossed the street the driver grabs the bags and hauls them down to the car and loads them, he explains to us that he couldn't touch the bags in the terminal or he would have been black balled by the porters, different culture, different rules.

Long story short we liked the guy so much that we hired him to drive us from the pier to the airport, we told him to be down stair at 9, we made it through customs really fast (I hired a porter this time) and I was worried that we would have to wait on the driver, so I was in the process of texting him when we walked outside, about 8:40, the driver was right there waiting on us.

Needless to say but I tipped him extremely well.  

So take the reviews for what they are, someone else's opinion...

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

We have cruised out of San Juan 2 times recently 2015 on Adventure and on Freedom in October, I have no complaints, I find the people and the island very refreshing. We will be stopping there in January as a port stop and i have no doubt we will have a great time. The people of Puerto Rico are very festive and lively, go with the flow.

We hired a driver to take us from the airport to the hotel in October, good to the companies word the driver was waiting by the baggage claim waiting for us, we had a very nice conversation about the island and the recovery from the hurricane, anyway our bags came and the driver didn't appear to want to help and I didn't hire a porter, so I'm a big strong guy, no problem, off to the car we go, as soon as we crossed the street the driver grabs the bags and hauls them down to the car and loads them, he explains to us that he couldn't touch the bags in the terminal or he would have been black balled by the porters, different culture, different rules.

Long story short we liked the guy so much that we hired him to drive us from the pier to the airport, we told him to be down stair at 9, we made it through customs really fast (I hired a porter this time) and I was worried that we would have to wait on the driver, so I was in the process of texting him when we walked outside, about 8:40, the driver was right there waiting on us.

Needless to say but I tipped him extremely well.  

So take the reviews for what they are, someone else's opinion...

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

The people of Puerto Rico are very festive and lively, go with the flow.

All I read was go with the lava flow!  I'll have no problem doing that.  We will be on our anniversary cruise and first cruise without the kids.  Thanks for the feedback.  

18 hours ago, VacationCrazy! said:

So glad you booked Jane!!!   Have a wonderful trip ?. Jane

Hi, i'm looking to book for May 2020 in a voyager class ship out of Fort Lauderdale for 7 or more nights or do a b2b totaling 14 nights. Does anyone know if this will be available next spring when the deployment comes out. My other option is March 2020 on Adventure 8 night and 6 night which we are doing this April 2019.

We want to go southern or eastern caribbean.

Thank you for any replys

4 hours ago, Pamela27 said:

Hi, i'm looking to book for May 2020 in a voyager class ship out of Fort Lauderdale for 7 or more nights or do a b2b totaling 14 nights. Does anyone know if this will be available next spring when the deployment comes out. My other option is March 2020 on Adventure 8 night and 6 night which we are doing this April 2019.

We want to go southern or eastern caribbean.

Thank you for any replys

no way to really know yet what RCI will do with deployments but I would think you could get a b2b pretty easily  - will have to wait and see