Adding 3rd person to existing room reservation

If you have an existing room reservation for 2 people and decide to later add a 3rd person to that same room, will RC allow you to do that with only the 3rd person additional charge?  The room already has a sofa bed in it so it is designed to hold a 3rd person.  We have a person due to job restrictions won't know until closer to the sail date if they can go.  Thanks for sharing any experiences you have had with that scenario! 

We booked the third person originally and then dropped them when it turned out they couldn't go.  It gave us the ability to lock in prices and the stateroom we wanted! The first time we tried to add someone after the fact, we ended up having to change rooms because the price had gone up so much. 

We did that very recently. We had booked a Nov ‘19 cruise in the Panoramic Suite and my sister learned she could be off and go with us. I had the agency call (since that one I didn’t book directly) and we just paid the cost for her passage (seems it was maybe 30% plus fees/taxes at that point and another $250 deposit for her). Didn’t take too long to accomplish and I was relieved to have it done!

have fun ?

Lynn