Mariner of the Seas Room Suggestion

o1matt

Agreed with what Matt said - in general, I try and look for rooms that are in good walking locations to parts of the ship that I know I spend a lot of time in. So for example, an interior room near the stairs on deck six or a deck or two below the pool deck. 

(Also, hi everyone! I haven't posted in a while.)

I was told that the rooms that are new on Mariner are the rooms on deck 12 forward surrounding the spa - they are the Spacious Panoramic Oceanview rooms. I booked a Promenade interior room on the Mariner. My logic was that I wouldn't feel quite as boxed in due to the window, even though it doesn't look outside. I'm used to having a balcony, so this will be different for me.  I hope your mom has a fabulous time!!!

33 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I was told that the rooms that are new on Mariner are the rooms on deck 12 forward surrounding the spa - they are the Spacious Panoramic Oceanview rooms. I booked a Promenade interior room on the Mariner. My logic was that I wouldn't feel quite as boxed in due to the window, even though it doesn't look outside. I'm used to having a balcony, so this will be different for me.  I hope your mom has a fabulous time!!!

Be aware if you go to sleep a bit earlier rather than stay out, the Promenade rooms might get a little noisy with all of the parties they throw on the Promenade at later hours. That was our experience on Adventure, but for the most part was a non-issue since we tend to stay up late in the Pub or Schooner anyway.

31 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I was told that the rooms that are new on Mariner are the rooms on deck 12 forward surrounding the spa

I would think twice before booking one of these rooms on Explorer.  I had one on Explorer and the room itself was very nice, especially the view, but there is a small deck over these rooms that can be reached via some stair on the sundeck.  The sundeck, deck 12, has the track and certain runners would increase the length of their laps by leaving the track, climb the steps and run around this small deck before returning to deck 12.  Each morning we were awakened at 5:30 with people running on our heads.  

1 hour ago, KLA said:

Be aware if you go to sleep a bit earlier rather than stay out, the Promenade rooms might get a little noisy with all of the parties they throw on the Promenade at later hours. That was our experience on Adventure, but for the most part was a non-issue since we tend to stay up late in the Pub or Schooner anyway.

Thanks!  I work overnights, so i don’t think it will bothr me much.

23 hours ago, KLA said:

Agreed with what Matt said - in general, I try and look for rooms that are in good walking locations to parts of the ship that I know I spend a lot of time in. So for example, an interior room near the stairs on deck six or a deck or two below the pool deck. 

(Also, hi everyone! I haven't posted in a while.)

OMG! Refresh our memory...who are you again? ??