Anyone Have Photos Or Review Of Ultra Spacious Ocean View Room On Radiance Class

FlowBro Ty

@FlowBro Ty Just keep in mind that with this particular category (1K), they layout will vary depending on the location/deck.  From what I have seen, at least on the Voyager class ships, some of them look like a Junior suite with the bunks in the walk in closet area.  Some have a totally different layout where there is separation between the master bedroom and the living area and the bunk area.  You will have to look into which decks have which layout.  This might apply to the Radiance class too.

Im not sure what they call it these days but we did a Transatlantic on Serenade (or Jewel....can’t remember which) a number of years ago and we had one of the big family rooms on the very front of the ship.  It was really nice. There is a small, separate second bedroom but just 1 bathroom.  Big picture windows looking out over the bow. It was a great cabin for a TA.

5 hours ago, monctonguy said:

I was looking at Serenade of the seas....on Royals website..the spacious ocean view is the same size as the ocean view..just costs more...lol

The one @WAAAYTOOO too is talking about is the Ultra Spacious Ocean View.  There is a difference between that one and the other two.  Way more space.  It's almost 300 sq ft.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:03 AM, Twangster Fan said:

Thanks @Twangster Fan.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:59 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, that is the room we had on our TA.  Very spacious.  We loved the room on that cruise.

I'm Looking To Do It On The Brilliance OTS. 

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

There is 2 singles that can be together to make 1 big bed or 2 separate singles.  Then there is a very small second bedroom that has 2 single beds. I don’t think they can be pushed together though.  Not completely sure. All we had in the second bedroom was our luggage !

Thanks @WAAAYTOOO. That's Good News. I Guess I Don't Have To Sleep On The Couch With My Brother. He Likes To Sleep With His Feet In My Face.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, Atlantix2000 said:

I would suggest picking a room number in the category and entering that and the ship name in Google image search and youtube.  You'll usually find something.

Thanks @Atlantix2000 For The Info. 

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:48 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@FlowBro Ty Just keep in mind that with this particular category (1K), they layout will vary depending on the location/deck.  From what I have seen, at least on the Voyager class ships, some of them look like a Junior suite with the bunks in the walk in closet area.  Some have a totally different layout where there is separation between the master bedroom and the living area and the bunk area.  You will have to look into which decks have which layout.  This might apply to the Radiance class too.

Thanks For The Info @Lovetocruise2002.

• 2 weeks later...

Might be a little too late for this reply, sorry.  

I always get the ultra spacious rooms for my family of 5. We love them, they have so much room to move around and even space for a kids play corner. The layout or shape does change depending on the location.  We have done the ultra spacious oceanview in a couple of different formats. One looks like the photos shared above. The other is at the front of the ship and is a larger square footage room, but it slants down with the angle of front of the ship. 

There are bunk beds across from the bathroom as you come in the door and there is a curtain for privacy. It's a little tight for an adult sleeping in this space, but it's doable. There is also a couch that pulls out to a double. Even with the couch left pulled out, there is ample space to move around.

I think this room is well worth the extra money. I am going to try the Ultra spacious balcony of Symphony, but that isn't until Feb 2021. 

I just wanted to note on this thread that we stayed in the 1K (as many of you know) on Indy recently.  It was 8200 and has a distinct configuration.  Photos can be found in my Indy blog (link in signature). 

What I wanted to note here was that we found there to be considerable motion in this room.  Your mileage may vary, and we did run into some high winds and rougher seas, however, there was far more motion here in this cabin than other parts of the ship.  So if anyone is thinking of this cabin, it's a good thing to keep in mind. 

Also, it was very noisy (ship mechanics is not my strong suit so I cannot explain why) every time the ship docked and departed.  The whole room would also vibrate and shake each time.  We usually stay mid ship.  On Mariner we stayed forward but on Deck 11.  We have never encountered these issues in any of our other rooms.  The space in these rooms is great, but those are some of the disadvantages.  It's also a long walk to certain venues.