Specialty dining

Wastinawayagain

Hello everyone,

I’ve been a closet RC Blog follower for a while. Love this site. It’s addicting. This is my first posting. 

We’re going to 150 central on Symphony next month.   We have the deluxe drink package. Does it cover drinks we get in the specialty restaurants?  Also, can you get more than one appetizer? There’s several I want to try. A little over 5 weeks away!!!

Thanks. 

Hey there - welcome to the boards!  Yes, the deluxe package includes drinks in any venue onboard including the specialty restaurants.  One thing you may want to be aware of is that if you order a drink that costs over $13 on an Oasis class ship, you will be responsible for the overage.  It's very rare to find a drink that is over the $13 - (think higher end scotches or more expensive wines by the glass).

Also, yes!  You can definitely order more than one appetizer. The service is usually spectacular at the specialty restaurants, and the wait staff will usually go above and beyond, so don't be afraid to ask!

1 minute ago, firebuck said:

Hey there - welcome to the boards!  Yes, the deluxe package includes drinks in any venue onboard including the specialty restaurants.  One thing you may want to be aware of is that if you order a drink that costs over $13 on an Oasis class ship, you will be responsible for the overage.  It's very rare to find a drink that is over the $13 - (think higher end scotches or more expensive wines by the glass).

Also, yes!  You can definitely order more than one appetizer. The service is usually spectacular at the specialty restaurants, and the wait staff will usually go above and beyond, so don't be afraid to ask!

Thanks for the info.  Much appreciated. 

28 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

I am going on the Allure next month and have a voucher for speciality dining from my TA. How hard is it going to be to book a night 3 dining say at Chops or 150 Central Park once on board?

I don't think it will be hard to use your voucher.  Just go straight to the restaurant as soon as you board and make your reservations.  The longer you wait, the more booked the restaurant(s) will be.  You may need to be flexible on your dining time, but you should have no problem using your voucher.